- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2007
- Louisiana State University Health Science Center, PhD, 2001
- Tulane University, B.S., 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Tim is of counsel in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the eControl group where his practice focuses on helping clients develop and maintain online sales control solutions that protect brand equity and support long-term brand growth.
Tim has worked with brands in the automotive/tire, pest control, sports/outdoor and garden industry, among others, to drive profitable eCommerce sales growth. Through a combination of rigorous data analysis, KPI-focused business strategy and legally-backed enforcement, Tim helps clients identify and neutralize issues arising from unauthorized sales, channel conflict, MAP violations, brand equity erosion, product diversion and quality control issues.
Tim also has extensive experience with patent and trademark enforcement on online marketplaces like Amazon. He has successfully enforced multiple brands’ utility and design patents through Amazon’s Brand Registry and the utility patent evaluation process, resulting in the removal of infringing products from the marketplace. Tim has also represented brands in district court cases that have resulted in substantial settlements and injunctions.
Tim has over ten years of experience with patents in biotech, chemical, software, and mechanical technologies. He assisted with all phases of his prior firm’s intellectual property practice including patent and trademark preparation and prosecution, drafting freedom-to-operate, invalidity, and patentability opinions, due diligence investigations, litigation, counseling clients on IP matters relating to employees, and negotiating and drafting IP transfer agreements.
Tim received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he served as Articles Editor on the University of Cincinnati Law Review. He received his Ph.D. in Pharmacology from the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and a B.S. in Molecular Biology from Tulane University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Science and Engineering Fair of Northern Kentucky, Board of Directors, President, 2010-present
- CincyIP, Board Member and Officer, 2018-2021
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, 2019 Class
- 5/11/2022In this edition of the Vorys IP Podcast, host Jeremy Harrison is joined by Tim Ardizzone, of counsel in the Vorys Cincinnati office. Throughout this episode, they discuss enforcing intellectual property rights in online marketplaces.
- 5/14/2020Vorys eControl and Vorys IP Team Release Whitepaper Titled "Patent Strategies to Help Stop Bad Actors on Amazon"Vorys eControl and the intellectual property team at Vorys co-authored a new whitepaper – Patent Strategies to Help Stop Bad Actors on Amazon – that focuses specifically on the patent enforcement mechanisms available through Amazon.
- 4/13/2021Vorys attorney Tim Ardizzone spoke to CincyIP about how to enforce patents on Amazon.
- 12/2/2019Intellectual Property Alert: Amazon Creates a Cost-Effective and Efficient Patent Infringement Remedy for Infringing Products Sold on its Marketplace by Third PartiesAdding another tool to intellectual property owners’ arsenal for combatting infringing products, Amazon has launched a pilot program to efficiently identify and resolve third-party patent infringement on the Amazon marketplace.