Vorys’ communications professionals assist firm clients with media relations issues, such as crisis communications, litigation, investigative reports and basic reporter inquiries. The team is led by two former reporters with significant experience in public relations, crisis communications and media relations.
What We Do
- Craft messages and talking points for communication to media, clients, vendors and customers
- Create crisis communication strategies that align with overall objectives
- Work as litigation communication consultants to advance in-court legal strategies
- Identify the best reporters for proactive story pitching or announcements
- Provide guidance on how to respond to incoming media requests including providing background on reporters
- Provide media training and education for company spokespeople
- Draft shareholder letters and communications
The Vorys strategic communications team has assisted firm clients from several industries including: energy, financial institutions, health care services, pharmaceutical and education. The team maintains the firm’s attorney-client privilege. Our professionals are quickly brought up to speed by Vorys attorneys and can immediately begin working on a communications strategy for our clients.
Who We Are:
Rob Phillips: As a former legal reporter for newspapers in Ohio and suburban Chicago, Rob covered hundreds of cases and trials in both civil and criminal court. While earning his MBA, he focused on marketing messaging and business communications and previously handled public relations for The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. He understands what messages, timing and tactics best smooth over difficult situations being pursued by media. Read more.
Jen House: Jen is a former public radio reporter and has several years experience in public relations/strategic communications. While leading media relations efforts for the Ohio Department of Health, she responded to sensitive media issues and advised and educated leaders of 126 local departments. Jen is a proven, quick-thinking spokeswoman who has experience crafting messages on behalf of clients. She also has valuable relationships with countless reporters across Ohio. Read more.