- The Ohio State University, M.P.A. and B.S.
Reneé is a senior advisor with Vorys Health Care Advisors (VHCA) who is skilled at helping health care providers, business leaders, professional associations and key stakeholders address and anticipate the challenges of a complex, rapidly changing state and federal health care environment.
Reneé has more than 30 years of leadership experience across the public and private health care sectors across Ohio and the nation. Her work has focused on health information technology and exchange, public policy and advocacy, quality and performance management. She has direct care, administrative and operational experience with diverse populations including behavioral health care, children and seniors, and intellectual and developmental disability.
Her experience includes:
- Working on health system transformation efforts in several states, including Ohio’s Behavioral Health Redesign,
- Consulting with provider organizations, managed care plans, EHR vendors and state officials on strategy development, data collection and analysis and quality improvement,
- Working with innovative Health IT firms on statewide implementations, secure health information exchange and policy interpretation,
- Working with CMS on the development of the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture and on implementation of the Electronic Health Records (EHR) incentive program nationwide, and
- Leading the State of Ohio’s efforts to procure, design, develop and implement the Medicaid Information Technology System (MITS) and execute HIPAA privacy and electronic standards.
Prior to joining Vorys Health Care Advisors, Reneé was the vice president of health and human services at CNSI. In her role, she provided executive business leadership in the innovative use of HIT solutions and strategic guidance for CNSI’s HIT offerings. Also Reneé advised the EHR meaningful use program, Health Information Exchanges (HIE) and Health Insurance Exchanges (HIX) to improve access to and quality of health care.
Reneé also served as a principal for Health Management Associates and as the executive director of health information technology for FourThought Group. She consulted with states on the alignment of the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture and the rapidly expanding nationwide HIT and HIE environment. She served as the chair of the HIE workgroup of the Private Sector Technical Architecture Group, and was appointed by Ohio Governor Strickland to the Ohio Health Information Partnership Advisory Board.
Reneé also served as the chief administrative officer for Ohio Health Plans (Ohio’s Medicaid Program), where she led the state’s technology transformation project as an early adopter of MITA to replace the 30 year old legacy Medicaid Management Information System.
Reneé began her career as an advocate for and with people with disabilities in protection and advocacy agencies in Ohio and Michigan. She served multiple terms as the president of the National Association for Rights Protection and Advocacy.
Reneé received her M.P.A. and B.S. from The Ohio State University.
Reneé is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Professional and Community Activities
- YWCA Columbus, Board of Trustees