Mr. Woyt is a partner in the Vorys Akron office where he practices in the finance, energy and real estate group. He counsels clients on various transactions, including secured transactions, financing transactions, loan restructurings and real estate matters. Mr. Woyt also has significant experience representing creditors and other parties in bankruptcy proceedings and commercial litigation matters.
Mr. Woyt is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Turnaround Management Association.
Mr. Woyt has spoken at seminars on loan documentation, loan restructurings, receiverships, bankruptcies and lender liability.
Mr. Woyt received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law where he was the Managing Editor of the Journal of East European Law. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Canisius College.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2005 and 2007, 2010-2013
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 1998-2001
- Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 75 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2012 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 72 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2011 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Elia O. Woyt Named Sun Star-Courier's "Person of the Week"
- Vorys Elevates Five Attorneys to Partner
- 20 Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
- Thirty-Six Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
- “Bankruptcy Reform: A Long Time in the Making,” Cleveland Bar Journal, April 2006