- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Corporate and Business Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 2001
Journal of East European Law, Managing Editor
- Canisius College, B.A., 1998, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
Mr. Woyt is a partner in the Vorys Akron office where he practices in the finance, energy and real estate group. He counsels clients on various transactions, including financing transactions, loan restructurings, real estate matters, sales and purchases of financially distressed businesses and sales and purchases of loans. Mr. Woyt has significant experience representing creditors and other parties in bankruptcy proceedings, receiverships and commercial litigation matters and regularly advises financial institutions on various aspects of creditors’ rights law.
Mr. Woyt is a member of the Turnaround Management Association.
Mr. Woyt has spoken at seminars on loan documentation, loan restructurings, receiverships, bankruptcies and lender liability.
Mr. Woyt received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and the managing editor of the Journal of East European Law. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Canisius College.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2005 and 2007, 2010-2014
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 1998-2001
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 3/7/2012Vorys partner Elia Woyt spoke at the National Business Institute’s Negotiating Real Estate Loan Terms and Workout Options seminar on March 7.