- Franchising and Distribution
- Acquisitions, Sales/Dispositions, and Leasing
- Commercial and Residential Development
- Economic Development and Tax Incentives
- Real Estate Finance
- Zoning and Land Use Planning
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1979, with Honors, Order of the Coif
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1973
Bar & Court Admissions
Mr. Wellner is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice is concentrated in general real estate and real estate development and he has represented developers, ventures, owners, operators, borrowers and lenders on projects in Ohio and across the country. Mr. Wellner has extensive experience in structuring and concluding the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing and development of commercial real estate.
Career highlights include:
- Serving as lead counsel on the Easton development in Columbus, Ohio, a mixed-used project involving retail, office, hotel, residential, entertainment and corollary uses
- Serving as lead counsel on the Capitol South urban redevelopment project in downtown Columbus, Ohio, involving redevelopment of blighted urban areas, land acquisition by eminent domain and redevelopment for retail, office, hotel and structured parking
Mr. Wellner is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association, the International Council of Shopping Centers and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties.
Mr. Wellner received his J.D. with honors from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He received his B.S. from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2004-2009, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 1999-2014
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Real Estate, 2006-2013
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1993
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 5/24/2013Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA. Chambers USA conducts in-depth research and ranks the leading firms and attorneys in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 6/7/2012Vorys announced that 35 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA.