- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1999, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Keedy Cup Moot Court Competition Finalist
University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Editor
- University of Chicago, B.A., 1991, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- The Honorable William H. Yohn, Jr., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1999-2000
Bill is of counsel in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. He has a broad range of litigation experience with a focus on complex contract, commercial and class action litigation. He has frequently represented and advised financial institutions in cases involving contract, tort and statutory claims. In addition, he has represented and advised both small franchisees and publically held franchisors in litigation. He has also litigated a number of matters involving intellectual property and non-compete/trade secret claims. Bill has significant experience advising and representing large institutions regarding electronic discovery.
His notable experience includes:
- Obtaining dismissals and favorable settlement of multi-million dollar class claims on a nationwide basis
- Obtaining summary judgment for a large retail client in a complex commercial lease and construction contract dispute
- Obtaining summary judgments for a large franchisor facing multi-million dollar claims
- Successfully securing substantial insurance coverage for manufacturer defending personal injury and wrongful death action
- Successfully settling contentious entity ownership and dissolution disputes
- Advising clients regarding document and information management and electronic discovery obligations before and during litigation, including in relation to large commercial databases, email files, and emerging technologies
Bill received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School where he was a published editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a Moot Court finalist. He received his B.A. cum laude from the University of Chicago.
Bill clerked for The Honorable William H. Yohn, Jr., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ohio Perinatal Quality Collaborative, Volunteer/Presenter, 2013 – present
- Leadership Westerville, Class of 2015