Mr. Sieck is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. His general litigation practice has focused on business, commercial, contract and class action cases for clients involving commercial lending, commercial leases, franchise rights, mineral rights, non-compete and trade secret, entity dissolution disputes, and attorney professional responsibility. His recent experience also includes significant advice and representation of large institutions regarding electronic discovery both before and during litigation.
His notable experience includes:
- Obtaining dismissal of claims in a federal consumer class action
- Obtaining settlement of class claims on a nationwide basis
- Advising clients regarding document and information management and electronic discovery obligations before and during litigation, including in relation to large commercial databases, email files, and emerging technologies
- Obtaining summary judgment for a large retail client in a complex commercial lease dispute
- Obtaining settlement of LLC membership and dissolution disputes
Mr. Sieck received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School where he was Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a Keedy Cup Moot Court Competition Finalist. He received his B.A. cum laude from the University of Chicago.
Mr. Sieck clerked for The Honorable William H. Yohn, Jr., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- “Comment, In Vitro Fertilization and the Right to Procreate: The Right to No,” University of Pennsylvania Law Review, 1998 (147 U. Pa. L. Rev. 435)