Mr. Sherman is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation practice. He specializes in commercial litigation, handling cases that involve contract disputes, dealer terminations, trade secrets, copyright, torts, privacy issues, the False Claims Act, and fiduciary duties.
His notable experience includes:
- Successfully defending a manufacturer in a lawsuit by a terminated dealer
- Obtaining a dismissal with prejudice for the defendant in a case involving the alleged theft of a trade secret
- Represented multiple defendants in one of the largest patent infringement multidistrict litigation cases in history, which involved approximately 200 defendants and a portfolio of more than fifty patents in the field of automated call center technology relating to automated attendant, automated call distribution, voice response unit, computer telephone integration and speech recognition
- Successfully defending franchisor is wrongful death action in federal court by obtaining summary judgment in favor of client
- Handling complex commercial actions, including class actions
Mr. Sherman is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Mr. Sherman received his J.D. from the New York University School of Law and his B.A. with high honors from the University of Michigan.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2012