Few areas of the country can match the record of innovation and creativity in retail and wholesale concepts found in businesses that began in central Ohio. Our law firm has been at the heart of the evolution in the retail and wholesale industry, representing some of the largest, most progressive, and most successful retailers and wholesalers in the country on a wide variety of legal issues. We offer our clients broad experience in retail and wholesale industry issues and the resources to respond immediately, knowledgeably, and effectively to any significant problems that our clients may encounter.
Our roster of clients says a great deal about our capabilities in this area. Our lawyers represent Limited Brands, Inc., Abercrombie & Fitch Co., Big Lots, Borden & Elsie, and many other highly regarded retail businesses. We are recognized as one of the top 25 law firms serving the retail industry. We also have been named a ‘Go To Law Firm’ by Limited Brands, Inc. and Big Lots for Employment Law, Corporate Law, and Litigation in the most recent Corporate Counsel survey of Fortune 500 companies.
The retail industry is faced with many challenges, including fast-paced and ongoing technology changes, growing global and Internet competition, increasingly complex international sourcing and customs challenges, concerns about data security and compliance with card network data security requirements, trademark and cyberspace infringements, and rapidly evolving manpower and employment law issues. We have assisted our retail clients in responding to each of these challenges. In so doing, we have provided them with advice on protecting their intellectual property, assisted them in obtaining favorable leases, negotiated and drafted financial restructurings and corporate sales and acquisitions, defended precedent-setting wage and hour, discrimination, and data breach and privacy lawsuits, and pursued major construction litigation, among many other matters.
Attorneys & Professionals
view list of professionals
- 5/24/2013 - Thirty-nine Vorys Attorneys included in 2013 Chambers USA Guide
- 4/4/2013 - Kahn and Broz Quoted in Privacy Law360 Story About Online-Tracking Class Action Suits
- 1/8/2013 - Vorys Named Go-To Law Firm for Tenth Straight Year by Fortune 500 Clients
- 1/29/2013 - 22nd Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- 2/5/2010 - Preparing for the 2010 Proxy and Annual Report Season
- 5/20/2013 - Client Alert: "Use" of a Mark in the U.S.A.
- 1/23/2013 - Flash Cookies Litigation: The Next Wave or a “Flash” in the Pan?
- 7/1/2011 - Client Alert: Loyalty Program Discounts Clarified for Retail Vendors in Ohio