Our firm has represented manufacturers for decades, and our lawyers are well aware of the challenges – including global competition, international sourcing, and cost containment, among others – that confront businesses operating in the manufacturing sector. We represent some of the largest manufacturers in the world, including Honda of America Mfg., Inc., Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, Goodrich Corporation, Worthington Industries, Eaton Corporation, and Lockheed Martin. Significantly, our performance for those clients has caused The BTI Consulting Group to name our firm as a top 25 law firm serving the manufacturing industry.
Our attorneys assist our manufacturing clients with the labor, employment, and workplace health and safety issues that have long been a focus of the manufacturing industry, including:
- counseling our clients during union organizing campaigns;
- representing them concerning union picketing, strike, and collective bargaining issues;
- assisting our clients in developing programs and policies that comply with federal and state regulation of hiring, promotion, layoffs, wage and hour, and workplace safety;
- advising them in creating and administering retirement, savings, and health care plans; and
- defending our clients workers' compensation litigation and employment-related lawsuits.
We also represent our manufacturing clients concerning legal issues that are an integral part of manufacturing operations in a global economy, such as:
- negotiating contracts with foreign suppliers;
- counseling our clients concerning the vast array of environmental laws and regulations, including REACH compliance;
- protecting intellectual property; and
- assisting them with the complex customs and tax laws.
Our experience with manufacturers has given us not only the ability to successfully defend claims, but also to advise manufacturers on programs and systems that reduce the risk of litigation.
Attorneys & Professionals
view list of professionals
- 1/8/2013 - Vorys Named Go-To Law Firm for Tenth Straight Year by Fortune 500 Clients
- 11/29/2011 - Waite Quoted About a Trade Investigation Regarding Steel Wire Imports
- 5/13/2011 - Vorys Partners Named Fellows of the Ohio State Bar Foundation
- 9/22/2010 - 3rd Annual Ohio Global Summit
- 2/5/2010 - Preparing for the 2010 Proxy and Annual Report Season
- 12/12/2012 - Client Alert: Ohio Supreme Court Decision on Civil Penalties for Air Permit Violations
- 8/27/2012 - Client Alert: The SEC’s Final “Conflict Mineral” Rule Has Been Adopted and Will Impact Companies Whose Products Contain Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten and Gold
- 11/12/2008 - "What Ohio's Retroactive Application Of Its Asbestos Legislation Means For The Litigation, Both Statewide And Nationwide"