Corporate and Business Organizations
Our firm represents more than 2,000 public and private companies located inside and outside of the United States on a variety of corporate law matters. Among our corporate clients are many Fortune 1000 companies, as well as start-up, emerging, and long-standing public and privately held corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
We are a nationally recognized corporate law firm – one of only 42 U.S.-based corporate law firms to be named a “Cross Practice Powerhouse Law Firm” by Fortune 1000 companies. We have also been selected as a "Go-To Corporate Law Firm" in a recent survey of general counsel of the 500 largest U.S.-based companies. Our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys work with clients on all aspects of corporate law, including helping clients to form businesses and address issues of proper corporate structure, advising clients on general corporate law issues, assisting clients in consummating mergers, acquisitions, and other significant corporate transactions, counseling clients on issues related to corporate governance and application of fiduciary duty standards, representing clients in their compliance with federal and state securities laws and regulations, and assisting clients in completing public and private securities offerings and obtaining venture capital financing. We also have an active public finance practice.
Since 2000, our firm has also been recognized by Corporate Board Member magazine as the best corporate law firm in Columbus, Ohio. We believe that our ranking is the direct result of our ability to consistently deliver the highest quality legal work combined with outstanding client service. We achieve these results for our corporate clients through a teamwork approach that draws upon the collective talents and experience of our attorneys and the firm’s considerable resources to provide skilled, cost-effective, and timely legal representation. In addition, we work with our clients to tailor our services to fit each client’s unique needs, whether our client is a start-up business or a Fortune 1000 company.
Attorneys & Professionals
view list of professionals
- 5/24/2013 - Thirty-nine Vorys Attorneys included in 2013 Chambers USA Guide
- 4/16/2013 - Vorys Advises Worthington Industries In Acquisition of Business of Palmer Mfg. &Tank, Inc.
- 3/14/2013 - Vorys Advises M/I Homes in Concurrent Public Offerings of Convertible Notes and Common Shares
- 4/20/2013 - 31st Annual Spring Meeting
- 1/31/2013 - Preparing for the 2013 Proxy and Annual Report Season--Cincinnati
- 1/25/2013 - Preparing for the 2013 Proxy and Annual Report Season--Columbus
- 4/22/2013 - What the Frac is a Man Camp?
- 11/21/2012 - Securities Alert: ISS Issues 2013 U.S. Corporate Governance Policy Updates
- 10/3/2012 - Securities Alert: NYSE Amends Rule Filing To Correct Effective Dates of Compliance with New Compensation Committee and Compensation Adviser Independence Standards