Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
- Direct Selling Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
- International Illegal Online Seller Enforcement Programs
- Minimum Advertised Price Enforcement
- Online Counterfeit Enforcement
- Online Grey Market Enforcement
- Professional Beauty Products Diversion & Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
- Professional Skin Care Product Diversion and Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
Direct Selling Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
Vorys’ illegal online seller enforcement team provides solutions and programs specifically tailored for multi-level marketing and direct selling companies to protect their authorized distribution channels and to combat unauthorized sales on the internet.
We have developed systems and strategies incorporating technology, investigation, and legal enforcement to identify, stop, and remove those who sell products manufactured by direct selling companies without authorization online. Whether it is authorized distributors selling through online channels in violation of their distribution agreements, third parties selling diverted or stolen products, or “consumers” dumping large volumes of products online, Vorys has developed strategies to deal with them.
Vorys has a database of relevant documents and information to support direct seller unauthorized sales enforcement, and also experience of what works and what does not in this industry, all of which helps maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of its enforcement against unauthorized sellers.
Vorys also helps direct selling companies fight product diversion and unauthorized sales by:
- Improving direct selling companies’ agreements with authorized sellers, including adding provisions to prevent diversion, increase the effectiveness and efficiency of enforcement, and support claims against third parties
- Reviewing and revising internal company procedures to increase the strength of legal claims against unauthorized sellers, and overcome the First Sale Doctrine
- Preparing specific anti-diversion and unauthorized sales policies and communications to distribute to authorized distributors to deter diversion
- Reviewing companies’ trademark portfolios to ensure the relevant trademarks have been registered appropriately to support enforcement
- Preparing draft webpages for company websites and policy statements on re-sale websites such as eBay, to deter unauthorized online sellers from selling the companies’ products online
Through our enforcement efforts, Vorys has been able to help direct selling companies remove thousands of unauthorized products sales from the internet, identify diverters and sellers, and demonstrate to their authorized distribution sales forces that they are attacking the unauthorized sales problem. We also help direct selling companies market the results of the enforcement efforts by speaking at distributor conferences, obtaining publicity on the companies’ enforcement efforts, and preparing communications and sale materials to current and potential distributors regarding the enforcement efforts and results.
Vorys is a member of the Direct Selling Association. In addition, Vorys Partner Whitney Gibson was a featured speaker at the Direct Sellers Association 2015 Global Strategies Summit in Washington, D.C., where he gave a presentation entitled “Efficient & Effective Strategies for Addressing Unauthorized Sellers Online.”