Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
- Direct Selling Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
- International Illegal Online Seller Enforcement Programs
- Minimum Advertised Price Enforcement
- Online Counterfeit Enforcement
- Online Grey Market Enforcement
- Professional Beauty Products Diversion & Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
- Professional Skin Care Product Diversion and Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
Professional Skin Care Product Diversion and Unauthorized Seller Enforcement
Vorys’ illegal online seller enforcement team has years of experience working with professional skin care companies to protect their authorized distribution channels and combat unauthorized sellers on the internet.
We have developed systems incorporating technology, investigation and legal tactics that are designed specifically to identify, stop, and remove diverters and unauthorized sellers in the professional skin care industry. Vorys has regularly litigates against professional skin care diverters and unauthorized sellers, obtaining preliminary and permanent injunctions, discovery orders, and significant financial settlements and judgments, among other remedies.
Vorys has compiled resources which facilitate effective and efficient enforcement against unauthorized re-sellers in the professional skin care product industry, including:
- Databases of information related to many of the most prolific diverters and resellers in the professional skin care industry
- Databases of legal documents that have proven effective, including cease and desist letters, complaints, subpoenas, settlement agreements, motions and orders for injunctions, and motions and orders compelling unauthorized sellers to reveal the source(s) of their products
- Attorneys who have prosecuted unauthorized sellers and diverters in this industry for many years, have experience in what works and what does not, and know how to maximize efficiencies.
How a skin care company operates, and its policies, procedures, and documentation can have a big impact on whether it has legal claims against third-party unauthorized sellers and can execute effective enforcement. Accordingly, Vorys attorneys regularly advise professional skin care companies on how to structure and operate its business to meet these goals, and assists with preparing distribution agreements, website policies, and communications to prevent diversion and unauthorized sales.
Vorys helps skin care companies obtain significant competitive advantages over their competitors by removing unauthorized skin care product sales from the Internet. Vorys enforcement programs help skin care companies recruit new distributors, maintain good relationships with their current distributors, prevent profit erosion, and protect their brands and reputations.
Vorys additionally assists skin care product companies market the results of the enforcement efforts by speaking at distributor conferences, obtaining positive publicity on the companies’ enforcement efforts, and preparing communications and sale materials to current and potential distributors regarding the enforcement efforts and results.
Vorys attorneys frequently write and speak on product diversion in the skin care product industry. Whitney Gibson has been quoted in articles regarding the team’s work on enforcement efforts for professional skin care companies, including in Women’s Wear Daily.