Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
In these challenging economic times, where both suppliers and customers may be facing financial difficulties, clients need a careful understanding of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy laws. Our lawyers have decades of practical experience in this important area. They include a current panel trustee, and the former President and current Board of Trustees member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. We have represented clients in hundreds of matters addressing all aspects of bankruptcy law, corporate reorganizations, in-court and out-of-court debt restructurings, asset protection and recovery, and debtor/creditor matters.
Our lawyers regularly represent secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, debtors-in-possession, lessors, suppliers, equity holders, purchasers, trustees, receivers, custodians, and other parties in interest in cases under the Bankruptcy Code and applicable state statutes. Our practice is national in scope and covers most segments of the economy, with particular emphasis on retail, manufacturing, real estate, finance, health care, food and restaurant service, energy, and agriculture.
We take a multi-disciplinary approach to our engagements. In order to best address the diverse issues that may arise in particular bankruptcy or workout situations, our bankruptcy lawyers will work with attorneys from our litigation and corporate law areas as well as lawyers from our tax, finance, environmental, and real estate practice groups. Our goal is to assemble the mix of experience and talent that will yield the best results for our bankruptcy and creditors’ rights clients.
Frederick Ransier is the Court Appointed Receiver of One Equity, et al. More information is available here.
Attorneys & Professionals
view list of professionals
- 2/15/2013 - Ransier Selected to Serve on Franklin County Commissioners’ Budget & Economic Advisory Panel
- 12/17/2012 - Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 11/1/2012 - Vorys Receives 63 Tier One Rankings on 2013 U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" List
- 8/22/2013 - 2013 Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar
- 6/6/2013 - 2013 William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute
- 4/20/2013 - 31st Annual Spring Meeting
- 4/1/2013 - Real Estate Chapter 11 Filings: Key Issues
- 9/25/2012 - When Gushers Go Dry: The Essentials of Oil & Gas Bankruptcy
- 9/17/2012 - Case Study: Onkyo Electronics V. Global Technovations