Family and Medical Leave Act
Most employers with 50 or more employees are subject to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Although the basic requirements of the FMLA appear to be straightforward, the application of the statute to the facts of particular employment situations often is complicated. Our attorneys are well-versed in the FMLA and provide our clients with practical advice on how best to comply with the statute.
Our attorneys assist our clients on a variety of FMLA matters, including the following:
- Consulting on day-to-day compliance issues
- Training supervisors and human resources staff on the intricacies of the FMLA
- Drafting policies and forms to assure compliance and maximize employer flexibility
- Advising employers on how to minimize employee abuse of FMLA rights
- Defending employers in agency actions and litigation involving claims arising under the FMLA
Attorneys & Professionals
view list of professionals
- 7/9/2010 - Vaughn Quoted in The Daily Reporter Article "New Law Expands Work Leave for Military Families"
- 6/2008 - Mitchell featured in Columbus CEO article "Adoption Benefits."
- 4/11/2013 - 2013 Ohio Safety Congress & Expo
- 3/9/2011 - ERA Employment Law Update and Review
- 6/22/2010 - 2010 Ohio Employment Law Seminar Series
- 2/25/2013 - Labor and Employment Alert: Department of Labor Issues Final Rule Implementing Amendments to the Family and Medical Leave Act
- 11/20/2012 - Employment Law How Tos
- 11/20/2012 - Employment Law Policies and Forms