Daphne Kackloudis Saneholtz is a Senior Advisor with Vorys Health Care Advisors LLC (VHCA). She advises and provides policy guidance to health care providers, business decision makers, professional associations and other stakeholders dealing with the challenges of a complex, rapidly changing state and federal health care environment.
- State and federal health care policy
- Medicaid policy, role of the single state agency, reimbursement methodologies and procedures
- Health care, services for children, benefit package design, Medicaid provider requirements
Prior to joining VHCA, Ms. Saneholtz held various roles at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services within the Office of Ohio Health Plans and the Office of Legislation. In her most recent role at ODJFS, she managed the Office of Ohio Health Plans’ contractual relationship with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services related to Ohio’s state plan, policy specific to the single state agency responsibilities, and developed strategic initiatives concerning benefit design and health plan administration for Ohio Medicaid. Ms. Saneholtz also served as a member of the Office of Ohio Health Plans’ team that analyzed federal health care reform legislation and developed the framework for policy changes in Ohio.
Prior to joining the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services in January of 2008, Ms. Saneholtz served as the Director of State and Local Government Relations for Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus. Her responsibilities included developing policy and legislative agendas and implementing strategies to positively impact children’s health care, hospital funding and public health.
Throughout her career, Ms. Saneholtz’s work has involved regular interaction with the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, members of the Ohio General Assembly and Governor’s Office, state agencies with health and human services oversight, and several stakeholder organizations across Ohio.
Ms. Saneholtz received her J.D., cum laude, from Capital University Law School and her B.A., cum laude, from Indiana University. She is licensed to practice law in Ohio.
- How the Governor’s Executive Budget Impacts Providers
- 2012 OALA Fall Conference: How Medicaid and Payment Reforms Impact Assisted Living Providers
- 2012 OPRA Fall Conference: Implications of the Health Care Reform Law for DD Providers
- The U.S. Supreme Court Decides on the Affordable Care Act, What Happens Now?
- Update on OHT and Overview of Health Home Initiatives Across the Country