State and federal health care policy
Medicaid policy, reimbursement methodologies and procedures
Health care and related services for children, benefit package design, Medicaid provider requirements
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 2005, cum laude
- Indiana University, B.A., 2001, cum laude
Daphne Kackloudis Saneholtz is a Senior Advisor with Vorys Health Care Advisors LLC (VHCA). As a health care and Medicaid consultant, she advises and provides policy guidance to a wide range of health care stakeholders and business decision makers, dealing with the challenges of a complex, rapidly changing state and federal health care environment.
- State and federal health care policy
- Medicaid policy
- Health care reimbursement methodologies and procedures
- Benefit package design
- Children's health care
Prior to joining VHCA, Ms. Saneholtz held various roles at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services within the Office of Ohio Health Plans (now the Ohio Department of Medicaid) and the Office of Legislation. In her most recent role at the Office of Ohio Health Plans, she managed the state's contractual relationship with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services related to Ohio’s Medicaid state plan and, policy specific to the single state agency responsibilities; she also developed strategic initiatives concerning benefit design and health plan administration for Ohio Medicaid. Ms. Saneholtz served as a member of the Office of Ohio Health Plans’ team that analyzed federal health care reform legislation and developed the framework for policy changes in Ohio.
Prior to joining the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services in January of 2008, Ms. Saneholtz served as the Director of State and Local Government Relations for Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus. Her responsibilities included developing policy and legislative agendas and implementing strategies to positively impact children’s health care, hospital funding and public health.
Throughout her career, Ms. Saneholtz’s work has involved regular interaction with the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, members of the Ohio General Assembly and Governor’s Office, state agencies with health and human services oversight, and a wide range of stakeholder organizations across Ohio.
Ms. Saneholtz received her J.D., cum laude, from Capital University Law School and her B.A., cum laude, from Indiana University. She is licensed to practice law in Ohio.
- 9/18/2013Vorys Health Care Advisors and Truven Health Analytics Co-Author SAMHSA’s “Medicaid Handbook: Interface with Behavioral Health Services”Maureen Corcoran, president of Vorys Health Care Advisors (VHCA), and Daphne Saneholtz, senior advisor with VHCA, partnered with John Easterday, Ph.D. and Truven Health Analytics to author a Medicaid handbook for the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- 1/24/2012Vorys Health Care Advisors, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, launched a new blog that explores some of the most serious challenges facing health care providers, business decision makers, professional associations and other stakeholders in today’s complex, rapidly changing state and federal health care landscape.
- 10/2/2013Vorys partner Suzanne Scrutton and members of Vorys Health Care Advisors’ Maureen Corcoran and Daphne Saneholtz will be presenting at the Ohio Provider Resource Association Annual Fall Conference on October 8, 2013.
- 7/25/2013Maureen Corcoran and Daphne Saneholtz of Vorys Health Care Advisors; Tom Niehaus of Vorys Advisors; and Karen Cincione of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP presented an overview of the health care/Medicaid-related highlights of the 2014-2015 Ohio operating budget in the webinar, 2014-2015 Ohio Budget Wrap-Up, on July 25, 2013.
- 2/21/2013Vorys Health Care Advisors professionals, Maureen Corcoran and Daphne Saneholtz, along with Vorys attorneys Suzanne Scrutton and Karen Cincione, presented How the Governor’s Executive Budget Impacts Providers on February 21.
- 11/5/2012Vorys partner Suzanne Scrutton, along with Maureen Corcoran and Daphne Saneholtz of Vorys Health Care Advisors, spoke at the Ohio Assisted Living Association Fall Conference on November 5, 2012.
- 9/25/2012Vorys partner Suzanne Scrutton, along with Maureen Corcoran and Daphne Saneholtz of Vorys Health Care Advisors, spoke at the 2012 Ohio Provider Resource Association Fall Conference on September 25, 2012.
- 7/2/2012Vorys hosted a teleseminar addressing a number of critical questions surrounding the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on the Affordable Care Act. Listen to a recording of the event.
- 2/16/2012This seminar addressed the Governor's Office of Health Transformation (OHT) initiatives.
- 11/22/2013Health Care Alert: Qualified Health Plans on the Marketplace Are Not Subject to the Anti-Kickback Statute, but There’s More to the Story…On October 30, 2013, in a letter to Representative Jim McDermott, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius clarified that qualified health plans (QHPs) available in the health insurance Marketplaces created under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are not “federal health care programs.”
- July 2012Lead, Follow or ?: The Changing Health Care Landscape and Potential Future Opportunities for Assisted Living ProvidersMaureen Corcoran and Daphne Saneholtz, with Vorys Health Care Advisors, authored an article for the July 2012 edition of the Ohio Assisted Living Association’s Newsletter. The article focused on the changing health care environment and potential future opportunities for assisted living providers.