Mr. Ruby is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate practice group. His practice in focused on commercial finance, including representation of borrowers and lenders in credit facilities and letters of credit. His practice also includes aircraft transactions, commercial contracts and opinion letters.
Career highlights include:
- Representing a home builder and a retail company in the negotiation of multi-bank credit facilities
- Representing various companies in the acquisition of ownership or lease interests in aircraft
- Representing asset-based lenders in numerous transactions, including those involving subordinated debt
Mr. Ruby is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association and the Lawyer-Pilot Bar Association.
Mr. Ruby has presented seminars on Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, letters of credit and opinion letters.
Mr. Ruby received his J.D. from Harvard Law School and his A.B. magna cum laude from Davidson College where he was Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Lawyer of the Year, Banking Law, 2009
- The Best Lawyers in America, Equipment Finance Law, 2007-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2001-2013
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Banking, 2004-2005
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1996
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- More than 100 Vorys Attorneys named on 2012 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Vorys Ranked #1 Law Firm in Ohio on 2011 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys ranked #1 law firm in Ohio on 2010 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys Attorneys Named on 2009 Best Lawyers in America List
- Vorys named the "2008 Leading Ohio Law Firm" by Best Lawyers
- L. M. McCorkle, Jr. & Thomas O. Ruby, “Contracts for the Sale of Gas - A Uniform Commercial Code Analysis,” Eastern Mineral Law Institute, 1986 (Vol. 7, Ch. 15)