Ms. Rapp is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and is a member of the labor and employment practice group. Ms. Rapp is engaged in counseling of employers on their employment practices (employment policies, discipline and termination, employment contracts, medical leaves and other benefits.) She represents employers in administrative proceedings and in litigation at the local and national level. She has represented employers in claims of discrimination and harassment, breach of employment contract, and has assisted them with preparing severance agreements.
Notable experience includes:
- Defending a major soft drink bottler against multiple plaintiffs involving a hostile work environment claim based on race
- Defending a large national retailer in federal and state courts alleging discrimination
- Defending a large general contractor in a case involving state prevailing wage law claims
Ms. Rapp is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association and the Akron Bar Association. She is also a member of the Charles F. Scanlon Inn of Court.
Ms. Rapp received her J.D. magna cum laude from The University of Akron School of Law where she was an assistant editor and associate editor of The University of Akron Law Review. She was also a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. Ms. Rapp received her B.S. degree from Miami University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Amnesty International, Midwest Representative for the National Resolutions Committee, July, 2007-2011
- Best Practices in Ohio Workers' Compensation Client Briefing
- Cincinnati Labor and Employment Law Update 2012
- Labor and Employment Alert: Private Property Improvements for Benefit of State – Lessee Held Not Subject to Prevailing Wages
- Client Alert: A Project Partially Financed With Public Funds Does Not Automatically Trigger A Prevailing Wage Obligation
- Client Alert: Supreme Court of Ohio Limits Scope of State’s Prevailing Wage Law
- Labor and Employment Alert: Department of Labor Issues New FMLA Regulations