- Corporate and Business Organizations
- Government Relations
- Health Care
Labor and Employment
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Employment Relations, Policies, and Regulatory Practice
- Real Estate
- Trusts, Estates, and Wealth Transfer
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1974
- Western College, B.A., 1969
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Ms. Ransier is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office where she was a member of the corporate and finance group. Her areas of practice included transactional, commercial, real estate, business organization, non-profit and business development.
Career highlights include:
- Serving as Special Counsel for the Ohio Attorney General from 1976 to 1994
- Serving as Special Counsel for the Franklin County Probate Court from 1985 to 1990
- Receiving appointments to boards and commissions by The Supreme Court of Ohio
- Serving on the Council of Delegates to the Ohio State Bar Association, 1996-1998
Ms. Ransier is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Foundation, and the Columbus Bar Association.
Ms. Ransier has presented numerous continuing legal education seminars in real estate, women in the law and marketing including “Business Ethics and Pitfalls,” sponsored by the Columbus Bar Association, “Going Solo or Small Practice,” and “Marketing Opportunities for a Small Practice” sponsored by the Ohio State Bar Association. She has also lectured at The Ohio State University College of Business and the Moritz College of Law and has presented seminars sponsored by the Columbus Minority Contractor/Business Assistance Program, the U.S. Small Business Administration and the New Directions Career Center.
Ms. Ransier received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and her B.A. from Western College.
Before joining Vorys, Ms. Ransier was the managing partner of Ransier & Ransier LLP, located in Columbus, Ohio where she provided general counsel legal services to small businesses and transactional legal services to large businesses.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 2005-present
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated, Board of Directors, 2004-present
- Columbus Regional Airport Authority, Chair, 2004-present
- The Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Professionalism, 2009-present
- Franklin County Board of Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities, Chair, 2001-2002
- The Ohio State Bar Association, Judicial Screening Panel, 2000-present
- Greater Columbus Arts Council, Chair, 1998-1999
- The Friends of the Libraries of The Ohio State University, Chair, 1998-1999
- The Columbus Bar Association, Board of Governors, 1994-1999
- Council of Delegates to the Ohio State Bar Association, 1996-1998
- The Supreme Court of Ohio/Ohio State Bar Association “Bench-Bar Conference,” Delegate, 1990, 1996
- Columbus Bar Foundation, Trustee, 1992-1996
- Business Arts Partnership Committee, Chair, 1996
- Downtown Special Events Committee, Chair, 1994-1995
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2012
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Columbus Bar Association Professionalism Award, 2012
- Robert Duncan Distinguished Leader Award, John Mercer Langston Bar Association, 2012
- YWCA Women of Achievement Award, 2004
- Community Service Award, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2002
- The Minority Business Advocate Award from Society National Bank, 1993
- Community Service Award, Columbus Bar Association, 1990
- Constance Baker Motley Award, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc., 1974
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1985
- 12/13/2012Kathleen Ransier, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, has been chosen by Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman to serve as a co-chair of his newly formed education commission.
- 6/15/2012Kathleen H. Ransier, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was honored by two different Columbus bar associations for her commitment to the legal profession.
- 8/9/2012Vorys partner Kathy Ransier participated in the Ohio Women Bar Association’s panel discussion, Work-Life Balance & the Idea of “Having It All” on August 9.