- Acquisitions, Sales/Dispositions, and Leasing
- Commercial and Residential Development
- Economic Development and Tax Incentives
- Zoning and Land Use Planning
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Denison University, B.A., 1993, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Ms. Tangeman is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. She focuses her practice in commercial real estate with an emphasis on zoning, land use regulation and developer representation.
Her notable experience includes:
- Assisting in the annexation, zoning and entitlement of several large mixed-use developments, including several master associations and golf course resort communities
- Assisting in the negotiation and preparation of documentation for real estate purchase and sales contracts and commercial leases, as well as the preparation and organization of condominium, homeowners and master associations
Ms. Tangeman is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in business, commercial and industrial real property law.
Ms. Tangeman has presented seminars on planned unit developments, land use, subdivision of land, variances and conditional uses.
Ms. Tangeman received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and her B.A. from Denison University cum laude where she received the Presidential Medal, the highest honor for exemplary leadership and community service.
Before joining Vorys, Ms. Tangeman worked at the law firms of Plank & Brahm (2005-2006), Lucas, Prendergast, Albright, Gibson & Newman (1998-2004), and Ricketts & Onda Co., L.P.A. (1996-1998).
Professional and Community Activities
- LeaderSpark, Inc., Board of Directors, 2000-present
- Franklin County Residential Services, Inc., Board of Trustees, 1999-present
- Junior League of Columbus, Board of Directors, 2000-2005
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2001
Honors & Awards
- Business First, 40 Under 40, 2000
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2007-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Land Use/Zoning, 2006-2007, 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2007-2014
- 5/23/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA.
- 4/18/2014Jill Tangeman, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the real estate group, was included on Columbus Business First’s “20 People to Know in Real Estate” List.
- 3/4/2014Jill Tangeman, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group, was quoted in a Columbus Dispatch story regarding new rules adopted by the Columbus City Council.
- 9/6/2013Jill Tangeman, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Columbus Dispatch story regarding new rules that the city of Columbus may impose on developers of extended stay hotels. According to the story, more individuals are using extended-stay hotels more like apartments and the city may change the rules to reflect this trend.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 5/24/2013Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA. Chambers USA conducts in-depth research and ranks the leading firms and attorneys in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 6/7/2012Vorys announced that 35 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA.
- 2/2/2012Jill S. Tangeman, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted throughout a This Week News story regarding a proposal to switch the land use for a site in a Columbus neighborhood from a skateboard park to a residential hotel.
- 1/4/2012Vorys announced that David A. Froling, Thomas H. Fusonie, Jolie N. Havens, Rodney A. Holaday, Jill S. Tangeman and Thomas R. Trotter have been named partners of the firm.
- 8/21/2013Vorys partner Jill Tangeman spoke at the Central Ohio NAIOP Chapter discussion, What Should be the Development Priorities in Columbus?, on August 21, 2013.