Labor and Employment
- Employment Litigation
Employment Relations, Policies, and Regulatory Practice
- Drug and Alcohol Policies and Testing
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Policies and Manuals
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Management Training
- Whistleblower Protection
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act ("WARN")
- Workplace Harassment, Including Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Safety
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 1986, summa cum laude, Order of Curia
Capital University Law Review, Executive Articles Editor, 1985-1986
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 1982, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Mr. Sinnott is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment practice group. He is a trial lawyer and represents a number of Ohio's largest employers in employment law matters, ranging from industrial injury to civil rights claims. All of his work relates to employment relations and his practice emphasizes the defense of disability claims. Many of his cases involve complex medical issues.
Career highlights include:
- Consistently being voted one of the Woodward-White Best Lawyers in America
- Many years as a Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated lawyer, the highest rating for professional competency and ethics
Mr. Sinnott is a member of the Columbus Bar Association. He is active in the Ohio Self-Insurers Association and the Central Ohio Self-Insurers Association.
Mr. Sinnott is a frequent lecturer at trade association and commercial seminars, including the National Federation of State Medical Boards, the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Ohio Self-Insurers Association. Topics on which he has spoken include the defense of workers' compensation claims, the defense of wrongful discharge suits and compliance with disability discrimination law.
Mr. Sinnott received his J.D. summa cum laude from Capital University Law School where he was Order of Curia and first in his class. He was also a member of the Capital University Law Review, and served as its Executive Articles Editor. He received his B.A. cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ohio State Medical Board, appointed by Governor George Voinovich with consent of Senate, October, 1993-September, 1998
- Franklin County Republican Party Central Committee, Chairman, 2004–present
- Kasich-Taylor for Ohio, Treasurer, 2009-present
- Past Fellow of the National Federation of State Medical Boards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Workers’ Compensation Law, 2014
- Columbus Monthly Best Lawyers in Central Ohio
- Cincinnati Magazine Top Ohio Lawyers
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Workers’ Compensation
- Cleveland Magazine Ohio Super Lawyers
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2013-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 9/21/2012Several Vorys attorneys presented at the invitation-only Best Practices in Ohio Workers' Compensation Client Briefing on September 21.