- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1968
- Benedictine College, B.A., 1965, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
Mr. Sidman is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office. He represented various parties in commercial bankruptcy cases, mainly Chapter 11 cases. He represented debtors, trustees, committees, suppliers, customers, secured and unsecured creditors, landlords, tenants, and other parties in interest. Mr. Sidman also performed workout services for banks and other lenders, as well as for debtors.
Career highlights include:
- Serving as a United States Bankruptcy Judge, 1975-1982
- Appearing or rendering substantial services in many large Chapter 11 bankruptcies, both regionally and nationally
Mr. Sidman is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association, and the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges.
Mr. Sidman frequently spoke on topics relating to Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and ethical issues in regards to bankruptcy.
Mr. Sidman received his J.D. from Notre Dame Law School and his B.A. magna cum laude from Benedictine College.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Lawyer of the Year" for Columbus, OH, 2011
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2004-2011
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor, 2004-2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditors-Debtors Rights Law, 1987-2012
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1992