- Franchising and Distribution
- Health Care
- Labor and Employment
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Class Actions
- Constitutional Law and Media
- E-Discovery and Electronic Information Management (EIM)
- Employment Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Public Records and Open Meetings
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1974, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
The Ohio State Law Journal, 1972-1974, issue planning editor, 1974
- St. Mary's College, B.A., 1969, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The Honorable Judge Robert Duncan, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 1974-1976
Sue is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office and was a member of the litigation practice group. She engaged primarily in business and employment litigation. Additionally, Sue's experience includes class action litigation in state and federal courts. She also worked with a national client for over 10 years, representing them in mediations and in arbitrations as part of their alternative dispute resolution program.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully representing the Ohio General Assembly in a mandamus action before the Supreme Court of Ohio
- Representing Ohio's savings and loan guarantor during a financial crisis in Ohio occasioned by the failure of one of Ohio’s largest savings and loans
- Appointment by the Federal Court as a special master overseeing the consent decree that governed the final years and closure of the old Ohio penitentiary
- Appointment as the Chair of the Board of Commissioners on Character and Fitness of the Supreme Court of Ohio
Sue is a member of the Federal Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association, and the Defense Research Institute.
Sue has spoken on a wide variety of litigation and trial practice topics, and most recently, on e-discovery, ethics for lawyers and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sue received her J.D. summa cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She also was a member and the issue planning editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. She received her B.A. summa cum laude from St. Mary’s College, Notre Dame.
Sue clerked for The Honorable Robert Duncan of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- What You and Your Clients Need to Know About the Discovery of Electronically Stored Information, Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, April 2009
- Preparing Discovery Requests for ESI, Columbus Bar Association and Paralegal Association of Central Ohio, November 2011
Honors & Awards
- Robert M. Duncan Alumni Citizenship Award, The Ohio State University Alumni Association, 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor & Employment, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Mediation, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment Law, 2006-2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2005-2011
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2004-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Top 25 Women Columbus Area Super Lawyers, 2011
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Labor and Employment, 2007-2008
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2012, 2015
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1998
- Community Service Award, The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 4/4/2013The Appellate Strategies and Perspectives CLE series was created to provide attorneys interested in appellate law with practical tips and tools, an analysis of emerging trends and issues in the field, and ajudicialviewpoint on the practice. The series, which was co-sponsored by Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP and The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, included three sessions in 2013, each following a similar format.
- 9/14/2012Ohio Constitutional Seminar: “Shall There Be a Convention to Revise, Alter, or Amend” the Ohio Constitution?Vorys hosted the Ohio Constitutional Seminar: “Shall There Be a Convention to Revise, Alter, or Amend” the Ohio Constitution? on September 14, 2012.
- 6/14/2012Vorys Attorneys John J. Kulewicz, Suzanne K. Richards and Robert J. Krummen presented at the Ohio Courts of Appeals Judges Association Summer Conference (OCAJA) on June 14, 2012.
- February 1998
- August 1993
- January 1992
- July 1989
- December 1987