- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1968
- The Ohio State University, B.S., 1965
Bar & Court Admissions
Bill is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office. He specialized in public utility regulation with an emphasis in telecommunications, cable and government affairs.
Career highlights include:
- Served as the Commissioner and Chairman of the Client Security Fund from 2002 to the present
- Served as a Commissioner of the Public Works Commission during the 1990’s
- Served as Commissioner and Chairman of the Ohio Public Utilities Commission from 1977 to 1980 and 1980 to 1981
- Served as Legal Adviser to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency in 1976
- Served as the Legal Director of the Ohio Public Utilities Commission from 1976 to 1977
Bill has made numerous presentations on topics relating to public utilities and ethics.
Bill received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and his B.S. from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Capital Square Foundation Advisory Board, 2005-present
- Supreme Court Client Security Fund, 2002-present
- BalletMet, Board of Trustees, 1998-2006
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, 1992-2002
- Ohio Public Works Commission, 1991-1995
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners, Chairman, Committee on Administration, 1979-1981; Executive Committee, 1980-1981
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Utilities, 2004-2006
- The Best Lawyers in America, Energy Law, 1991-2012
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1985