- Franchising and Distribution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Class Actions
- Consumer Lending and Lender Liability
- Corporate Takeovers and Changes of Control
- Eminent Domain and Real Property
- Employment Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Insurance and Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Professional Liability and Discipline
- Real Property, Zoning, and Land Development
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1969, cum laude
Ohio State Law Journal, Board of Editors, 1968-1969
- Ohio Wesleyan University, B.A., 1966
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Mike is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group. He has extensive experience in a broad scope of litigation matters, including complex commercial and business litigation, lender liability, intellectual property, employment, construction, class actions and insurance coverage. Mike is the lead trial counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts throughout Ohio and the Eastern United States.
Career highlights include:
- Serving as lead trial counsel for numerous large corporations, including retail companies, fast food companies, banks, and manufacturing companies
- Successfully trying cases in federal court in Pittsburgh and New York City and in state court in St. Louis
Mike is a member of the American Bar Association,the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mike received his J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and was on the Board of Editors of the Ohio State Law Journal. He received his B.A. from Ohio Wesleyan University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ohio Wesleyan University, Board of Trustees, 1996-present; Chair of the Board, 2010-2014; and Chair of the Presidential Search Committee, 2007
- Columbus Bar Association, Former Chair of the Judiciary Committee
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2007-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2010-2013, 2015
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2004-2014
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1989
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/18/2014One-hundred and ten lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.