- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1988, with Honors
- University of Dayton, B.A., 1985, with Honors
Bar & Court Admissions
Mr. Lampley is the managing partner of the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. He is an accomplished civil trial lawyer having handled complex business and commercial matters in both state and federal courts. He has first chair civil jury trial experience in a wide range of cases including class actions and significant business disputes. He has also handled several commercial arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association. He has been recognized repeatedly as an “Ohio Super Lawyer,” an “Ohio Leading Lawyer,” and one of the “Best Lawyers in America.”
Career highlights include:
- Defeated class certification of a putative national class of policyholders for a major insurance carrier
- Resolving complex dispute related to supplier agreements for a national grocery chain
- Resolving significant disputes with vendors and employees on behalf of major telecommunications company
- Defeating (b)(3) damages class on behalf of major soft drink bottler
- Defeating (b)(2) class seeking injunctive relief on behalf of major soft drink bottler
- Defense verdict in a case involving the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Obtaining multiple dismissals of employment cases involving the Title XII, the FMLA, the ADEA and other civil rights statutes
Mr. Lampley has spoken at seminars on the subject of successful partnering between inside and outside counsel for the American Corporate Counsel Association and is a frequent lecturer on trial advocacy skills for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Lampley received his J.D. with honors from the University of Cincinnati College of Law and received the American Jurisprudence Award. He received his B.A. with honors from the University of Dayton.
Professional and Community Activities
- University of Cincinnati Alumni Association, Member, 2008-present
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Board of Visitors, 2005-present; Nominating Committee, 2007-present
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Board of Directors, 1999-present; Secretary, 2005-2006
- Christ Hospital Sports Medicine Institute, Board of Trustees, 1999-2004
- Allen Foundation, President, 2003-2004
- Greater Cincinnati Minority Counsel Program, Steering Committee, 2001-2003
- Leadership Cincinnati, Class XXIV, 2000-2001
- Cincinnati Black Ambassadors, Board of Trustees, 1995-1998
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class II
- Hamilton High School, Keynote Speaker for the Commencement Ceremony, Class of 2002
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2008-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2004-2014
- Leading Lawyer in Business Litigation, Cincy Magazine, 2006-2012
- Cincinnati Business Courier Forty Under 40 honoree, 1999
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 6/20/2013Nathaniel Lampley, the managing partner of the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group, returned to his alma mater, Hamilton High School, as the commencement speaker for the 2013 graduating class. A Cincinnati.com story titled “Hamilton High School alumnus speaks at 2013 commencement,” outlined Lampley’s speech.
- 2/1/2013Vorys announced that nine attorneys from the firm's Cincinnati office have been named “2013 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine. The Leading Lawyers survey is conducted annually by the magazine. Winners are nominated by colleagues outside their firm and chosen by a panel of their peers.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 6/4/2012Nathaniel Lampley, the managing partner of the Vorys Cincinnati office, was the focus of a Cincinnati Enquirer story titled “From Mentee to Mentor.” The story focused on Lampley’s life goals and the relationship Lampley had with his mentor James Brown, an administrator at Lampley's school.
- 4/2/2012Cincinnati Enquirer Features the Vorys Cincinnati Office in Story Titled “Growing Demand Spurs Vorys' Growth”The Cincinnati Enquirer published a story regarding the Vorys Cincinnati office titled “Growing demand spurs Vorys' growth.” The story, featured a quote from Nate Lampley, the managing partner of the firm’s Cincinnati office, about the recent growth in the firm’s commercial and real estate group.
- 2/1/2012Vorys announced that nine attorneys from the firm's Cincinnati office have been named “2012 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine.