- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1959, with Distinction
- Washington University, B.S.B.A., 1954
- Washington University, A.B., 1954
Bar & Court Admissions
Mr. Kennedy is a retired partner/counsel in the Vorys Columbus office. He practices in the area of antitrust litigation, white collar crime, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Kennedy has been a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1982.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully defended the president of a corporation in a lengthy trial of a complex criminal antitrust case filed in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Served as trial counsel for a major pharmaceutical company in multi-district litigation involving alleged price fixing in the pharmaceutical industry pending in Chicago, Illinois, and other states, and before the Federal Trade Commission
- Successfully defended a Japanese citizen and defendant in a case involving the federal government’s investigation of the Lysine market
- Represented a Japanese citizen regarding the government’s investigation of the carbon fiber industry
- Represented clients in major federal government investigations
Mr. Kennedy is an author and frequent lecturer on matters involving antitrust laws. He was a faculty member of the Ohio CLE Institute’s Annual Intensified Antitrust Law Course for more than ten years.
Mr. Kennedy received his J.D. with distinction from the University of Michigan Law School and his B.S.B.A. and A.B. from Washington University.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Criminal Practice and Procedure Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, Chairman, 1982-1985; Council Member, 1985-1988; Continuing Legal Education Committee, Section of Antitrust Law; Vice Chair, 1992-1993, Chair, 1993-1996; Long Range Planning Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, 1999-2000
- Ohio State Bar Association, Antitrust Section, Board of Governors, Chairman, 1979-1981
- University of Michigan Law School, The Committee of Visitors, Member
- The Scioto Country Club, President and Trustee
- Planned Parenthood of Columbus, Ohio, Trustee
- The League Against Child Abuse, Columbus, Ohio, Trustee
- The Sunday Creek Coal Company, Nelsonville, Ohio, Chairman of the Board
- Army of the United States – Fourth Army, Anti-Aircraft and Guided Missiles Officer
- Ohio Legal Center Institute, The Intensified Antitrust Law Course, Faculty Member
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1982
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1987
- The Best Lawyers in America, Antitrust Law, 2008-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America,Columbus Antitrust Law Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.