- Franchising and Distribution
- Labor and Employment
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1972, cum laude
Ohio State Law Journal, Articles Editor, 1972
- Purdue University, B.A., 1970, with Honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Ms. Fairfield is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. Her practice includes the defense of all types of civil litigation, including employment and business and commercial disputes.
Career highlights include:
- Representing automotive manufacturers in civil litigation including products liability and employment cases
- Being selected as the first woman in Ohio to the American College of Trial Lawyers in 1992
- Serving as trial counsel for a large manufacturer in all of its litigation, including large class action cases
- Representing a large university in disputes in litigation against athletic coaches
Ms. Fairfield is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Foundation, the Columbus Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association.
Ms. Fairfield has served as a faculty member for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy and as an Adjunct Professor of Trial Practice at The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law from 1985-1995. She has lectured frequently on employment law and trial practice matters.
Ms. Fairfield has served as a mediator during Settlement Week for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and for the Franklin County, Ohio, Court of Common Pleas. She has served on the Advisory Group for the Southern District of Ohio pursuant to the Civil Justice Reform Act of 1990.
Ms. Fairfield received her J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law where she was the Articles Editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. She received her B.A. with honors from Purdue University.
Professional and Community Activities
- YWCA Endowment Fund, Former President and Former Treasurer, 1997-present
- Advisory Group for the Southern District of Ohio, Member, pursuant to the Civil Justice Reform Act of 1990
- YWCA Columbus, President, 1982-1984; Treasurer, 1980-1982
- The Center for New Directions, Board of Directors, 1982
- Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority, Commissioner, 1976-1978 (appointed by the Mayor of Columbus)
- Ohio Bar Examiner, 1975
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2013
- Fellow of the Ohio State Bar Foundation since 1992
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1990
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Litigation: General Commercial, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Product Liability Litigation - Defendants Lawyer of the Year, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Columbus Litigation - Labor & Employment Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2010-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment Law and Personal Injury Litigation, 1995-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2006-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability Litigation, 2007-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Top 25 Women Columbus Area Super Lawyers, 2010-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2004-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Business Litigation, 1999-2007
- YWCA Women of Achievement, 1993
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, 1992
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 8/14/2013Ten Vorys attorneys from three offices have been named 2014 Lawyers of the Year by Best Lawyers. Each year, only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
- 5/24/2013Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA. Chambers USA conducts in-depth research and ranks the leading firms and attorneys in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 6/7/2012Vorys announced that 35 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA.