- Government Relations
- Labor and Employment
- Business and Commercial
- Consumer Lending and Lender Liability
- Employment Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Insurance and Insurance Coverage
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Discipline
- Public Contracting Disputes
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Trusts, Estates, and Wealth Transfer
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1997
- Indiana University, B.S., 1994
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Kent is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation practice group. He focuses on business, commercial, employment, construction and insurance litigation. Kent’s experience includes products liability, ethics, legal malpractice, white collar crime, personal injury and will contests in addition to being involved in a number of class action matters.
His notable experience includes:
- Defending a large manufacturer in putative class action against sexual harassment claims
- Defending former executives against claims for violation of non-compete, tortious interference, trademark infringement and conversion
- Prosecuting claims to enforce rights in chattel paper and obtaining a multimillion-dollar settlement
Kent is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association.
Kent has given presentations on alternative dispute resolution, the fundamentals of construction law and the competitive bidding process.
Kent received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law and his B.S. from Indiana University.
Honors & Awards
- Leading Lawyer Business Litigation, Cincy Magazine, 2009-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers, General Litigation, 2014-2015
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2005-2007, 2010-2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2008-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Construction, 2012-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - ERISA, 2012-2015
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class X, 2006
- 12/3/2014Vorys is pleased to announce that 74 attorneys from the firm have been named 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/18/2014One-hundred and ten lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- 2/3/2014Vorys is proud to announce nine attorneys from the Cincinnati office have been named “2014 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 2/1/2013Vorys announced that nine attorneys from the firm's Cincinnati office have been named “2013 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine. The Leading Lawyers survey is conducted annually by the magazine. Winners are nominated by colleagues outside their firm and chosen by a panel of their peers.
- 8/31/2012Kent Britt, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office, was quoted in a Cincinnati Business Courier story titled “Tower Place Mall headed to auction block?” According to the story, a Cincinnati mall and an adjacent parking garage are the subject of a foreclosure dispute in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 2/1/2012Vorys announced that nine attorneys from the firm's Cincinnati office have been named “2012 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine.
- 5/3/2012Vorys attorneys Terri Abare, Eric Richardson, Kim Schaefer, Kent Britt, and Jason Hodges participated in the seminar, The Best Defense is a Good Offense: How to Manage Litigation in the Workplace on May 3.