- Franchising and Distribution
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Litigation
- Business and Commercial
- Consumer Lending and Lender Liability
- Corporate Takeovers and Changes of Control
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Insurance and Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1997, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Boston College, B.A., 1993, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The Honorable James G. Carr, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1997-1998
Kim is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the trial group. She has a varied litigation practice and extensive trial experience, with a focus on commercial litigation. She has tried a broad range of commercial cases in state and federal courts, including trademark, domain name and copyright infringement, real estate transfers, wrongful death, and commercial contract cases. Recently, Kim has focused her practice on litigating intellectual property, franchise and insurance coverage issues facing the firm's business clients.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully defending a public university in a wrongful death trial before the state's Court of Claims
- Successfully defending a former executive accused of violating a covenant not to compete and of misappropriating trade secrets in a federal court jury trial
- Achieving declaratory judgment at a state court bench trial for the employee in a non-compete case
- Achieving directed verdict in a bench trial before a California state court involving shipping charges incurred by a client’s vendor
Kim is a member of the American Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Kim has presented seminars on various litigation and trial advocacy topics, including the use of demonstrative evidence, deposition techniques and expert witnesses. She is an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, teaching trial advocacy, and she regularly serves as a mock judge in trial and appellate competitions in Ohio.
Kim received her J.D. magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from Boston College.
Kim was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable James G. Carr, Chief Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio from 1997 to 1998.
Professional and Community Activities
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Franklin County, Board Member, 2006-2012
- Grandview Youth Football Association, Board Member, 2011-present
- Grandview Baseball and Softball Association, Board Member, 2012-present
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2015
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2005-2007
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2012-2015
- 8/18/2014One-hundred and ten lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 12/7/2012Vorys partner Kimberly Weber Herlihy spoke at the Legal Aid Discovery Training presented by The Committee on Regional Training on December 5-7, 2012. The event was composed of exercises and workshops to help attendees advocate for their clients.