- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Financial Institutions
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1984
Vanderbilt University Law Review, Associate Editor, 1984
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1980, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The Honorable J. Craig Wright, the Supreme Court of Ohio, 1985
Mr. Parobek is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. He chairs the firm's workouts and restructuring subgroup. Mr. Parobek focuses his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, commercial finance, commercial transactions and business law, including collections, creditors rights, foreclosures, garnishments, lending and secured transactions, reorganizations and restructurings, the Uniform Commercial Code, and workouts.
Career highlights include:
- Representing lending institutions, landlords, creditors’ committees and other creditors in a number of major bankruptcy cases for a variety of corporations, including those in the manufacturing, retail, health care and food industries
Mr. Parobek is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, and the Turnaround Management Association.
Mr. Parobek has spoken to the Cleveland Bar Association, the William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute, the Ohio State Bar Association CLE Institute, the Turnaround Management Association, the Risk Management Association, and other legal and professional groups on a variety of topics including bankruptcy law, commercial transactions and alternatives to bankruptcy.
Mr. Parobek received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School where he was the Associate Editor of the Vanderbilt University Law Review. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Vanderbilt University and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Parobek clerked for the Honorable J. Craig Wright of the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cleveland Zoological Society, Board of Trustees, 2000-2009
- Bay Rockets Association, Board of Trustees, 2006-2008
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2002-2005; Executive Committee, 2004-2005
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2008-present; Treasurer and Executive Committee, 2013
- Contemporary Youth Orchestra, Board of Trustees, 2002-2004
- Bay Soccer Club, Board of Trustees, 2000-2003
- Turnaround Management Association, Board of Trustees, 1994-1996
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Board of Trustees, 1993-1996
- State of Ohio Board of Bar Examiners, 1992-1994
Honors & Awards
- Cleveland's Top Rated Lawyers, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2006-2014
- Inside Business, Northeastern Ohio's Leading Lawyers, 2001-2013
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2004-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor, 2004-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 5/23/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 7/1/2013Drew Parobek, a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office, was recently appointed to serve as the treasurer of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation (CMBF). Barton Bixenstine, also a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office, was appointed to the CMBF Board of Trustees.
- 5/24/2013Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA. Chambers USA conducts in-depth research and ranks the leading firms and attorneys in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 6/7/2012Vorys announced that 35 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA.
- 5/20/2014Vorys partner Drew Parobek was a speaker at the 2014 William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute hosted by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association on May 20, 2014.
- 10/29/2013Vorys partner Drew Parobek spoke at the Risk Management Association’s Fall Luncheon for the Northern Ohio Chapter on October 29, 2013.
- 6/6/2013Vorys partner Drew Parobek participated as a moderator at the 2013 William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute hosted by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association on June 6, 2013.