- Health Care
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Labor and Employment
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Class Actions
- Consumer Lending and Lender Liability
- Employment Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Products Liability
- Toxic Torts
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1999
University of Cincinnati Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1998–1999
- Iowa State University, B.A., 1989
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Mr. Osterlund is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. He litigates in state and federal courts throughout the country, with a focus on commercial disputes. He represents governmental entities, financial institutions, manufacturers, logistics companies, physicians and physician groups, and other businesses and individuals.
Recently, Mr. Osterlund’s practice has included disputes involving covenants not to compete, misappropriation of trade secrets, governmental disputes, environmental litigation, lender liability, will contests, wrongful death, and employment claims, including race, sex, age, and disability actions.
Career highlights include:
- Successfully defending employer in wrongful death intentional tort case
- Obtaining dismissal of a variety of OSHA claims in both California and Kentucky
- Achieving trial judgments in favor of employers in non-compete cases
- Preventing unfair competition and theft of trade secrets through numerous injunction hearings
- Successfully defending builders/manufacturers in construction-related cases
- Successfully defending a national employer in multiple discrimination cases
- Obtaining several multi-million dollar fraud and embezzlement judgments
- Litigating CERCLA/Superfund, RCRA and Clean Water Act (CWA) cases
- Obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement for General Electric in a CERCLA cost-recovery case against the U.S. Air Force
- Successfully blocking municipality from interfering with federal CWA Consent Decree through U.S. Supreme Court
- Obtaining multi-million dollar settlement for a water district owner
Class Action / Toxic Tort
- Preventing class certification in multiple state and federal court prescription drug cases
- Obtaining a dismissal of a putative federal class action formaldehyde case
- Successfully defending dozens of clients in thousands of toxic tort cases
Mr. Osterlund is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association, and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Mr. Osterlund has presented seminars on various topics of trial advocacy, as well as tort reform, medical malpractice, non-competition agreements, physician contracts, UCC Article 2 litigation, and employment litigation.
Mr. Osterlund received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law where he was the editor-in-chief of the University of Cincinnati Law Review. He received his B.A. from Iowa State University.
Before joining Vorys, Mr. Osterlund served in the United States Marine Corps, obtaining the rank of captain, and served in Operation Desert Storm.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, Member, 2010
- Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce Health Care Committee, Member, 2009
- University of Cincinnati College of Law Alumni Association, Board of Trustees, 2001-present
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) Class XII, 2008
- Barrister's Leadership Program, 2000
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Member, 1991-present
- 7/6/2012Vorys Partners Joseph Lonardo, Mark Norman and Anthony Osterlund were mentioned as counsel for General Electric Co. (GE) in a Law360 story regarding a settlement over hazardous waste cleanup costs related to a former U.S. Air Force plant site.