Mr. Norman is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment practice group. He represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment, including equal employment rights, wage and hour regulation, union relations, maintaining union-free status, strategic and policy planning, and training. He works with large public companies with respect to individual employment agreements, non-competition and confidentiality issues, and severance/reduction-in-force matters. He also counsels government contractors as to affirmative action requirements.
Career highlights include:
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements with numerous unions on behalf of employers in the steel, auto, glass, construction, retail, service and health care industries, and handling hundreds of labor arbitrations pursuant to these collective bargaining agreements
- Defending employers in numerous wage/hour collective actions and class action discrimination cases
- Working with large, high-profile employers in maintaining union free status
Mr. Norman is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mr. Norman has given presentations to automotive industry suppliers concerning union organizing tactics and strategies, to hospitals concerning supervising problem employees, and to employer associations concerning Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and wage/hour developments and issues.
Mr. Norman received his J.D. summa cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He received his A.B. summa cum laude from Ohio University where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Individuals, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor Law - Management, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor & Employment, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment Law, 2007-2011
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2004-2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1991
- Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- 75 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2012 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- More than 100 Vorys Attorneys named on 2012 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- 72 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2011 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Vorys Ranked #1 Law Firm in Ohio on 2011 Best Lawyers in America® list
- 54 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2010 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Vorys ranked #1 law firm in Ohio on 2010 Best Lawyers in America® list
- 70 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2009 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Vorys Attorneys Named on 2009 Best Lawyers in America List
- Vorys named the "2008 Leading Ohio Law Firm" by Best Lawyers