- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2008
- Miami University, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Ms. Motley is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group.
Her notable experience includes:
- Serving as second chair in a two week trial concerning negligence related to city sewer system, securing $11.6 million verdict in favor of client
- Serving as second chair in a two week trial concerning a commercial property dispute, securing favorable result for client
- Serving on team successfully representing a group of land owners in original mandamus action before Ohio Supreme Court
- Serving as second chair in bench trial in federal district court related to commercial litigation
- Providing onsite legal assistance at a large health care company
- Defending a Criminal Justice Act (CJA) client in a Sixth Circuit appeal and subsequent petition for Writ of Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court
- Defending CJA client in a capital murder appeal
- Obtaining the dismissal of high-profile litigation stemming from criminal charges on behalf of a client
Ms. Motley received her J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and President of the Student Bar Association. She received her B.A. from Miami University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Black Tie Ball, Chairperson, 2011; Vice Chair, 2009-2010
- The Ohio State University Moritz Mentoring and More Program, Mentor
- Alpha Xi Delta (The Ohio State University), Advisor
- Presenter at Ohio Bar Association Construction Law Forum CLE
- Presenter at Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools Annual Meeting (2009, 2010, 2011)
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2013-2014
- Michael E. Moritz Leadership Award, 2007-2008 and 2006-2007
- The Ohio State University Outstanding Professional Student Award, 2007
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 10/9/20122012 OAPCS 6th Annual State Conference: “Crisis Management: Tips and tactics for Navigating Tumultuous Times”Vorys attorneys Elizabeth Smith, Jackie Ford, Martha Brewer and Christopher Ingram spoke at the Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools 6th Annual Conference on October 9-10.
- 4/26/2012On April 26, Vorys and the Central Ohio Association of Corporate Counsel hosted the program, Privilege. Privacy. Preservation. Managing Risks with Electronic Communications.