- Government Relations
- Real Estate
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1976
- Yale University, B.A., 1972
Bar & Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Don is of counsel in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate practice group. His focus is on commercial finance and economic development, including representation of lenders and developers using mortgage financing insured by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Career highlights include:
- Serving as lender’s or borrower’s counsel in more than 200 HUD-insured mortgage loan closings since 2000
- Significant experience as lead counsel for the City of Cincinnati’s Department of Economic Development, preparing contracts for property redevelopment and advising regarding the use of development incentives and urban renewal authority
- Significant experience with numerous municipal law issues, including eminent domain
Don is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Don received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School and his B.A. from Yale University.
Before joining Vorys, Don served for 22 years as an attorney with the City of Cincinnati Law Department, including seven years as lead counsel for the City's Department of Economic Development.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated