Mr. Lautzenhiser is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati and Columbus offices and a member of the corporate group. His practice is focused on the representation of public and private companies in federal and state securities regulation, corporate law and corporate governance, corporate financing and insurance law. He works with public companies in matters involving corporate reporting and disclosure, securities offerings, corporate governance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 compliance and executive compensation. Mr. Lautzenhiser works with both public and private companies in matters involving mergers and acquisitions, financing and risk management.
Mr. Lautzenhiser is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Mr. Lautzenhiser has served as a member of the board of directors of several companies, both public and privately held.
Mr. Lautzenhiser has spoken frequently at continuing legal education programs, business school programs and seminars for corporate counsel on director and officer liability, corporate governance and risk assessment and management.
Mr. Lautzenhiser received his J.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law and his A.B. with distinction from Stanford University where he was Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2009-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate, M&A and Securities Law, 1995-2008
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate Law, 1995-2012
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- 75 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2012 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- More than 100 Vorys Attorneys named on 2012 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- 72 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2011 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Vorys Ranked #1 Law Firm in Ohio on 2011 Best Lawyers in America® list
- 54 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2010 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Vorys ranked #1 law firm in Ohio on 2010 Best Lawyers in America® list
- 70 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2009 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Vorys Attorneys Named on 2009 Best Lawyers in America List
- Vorys named the "2008 Leading Ohio Law Firm" by Best Lawyers
- “State and Federal Regulation of Shark Repellent, How Much is it Needed,” Northern Kentucky Law Review, 1984 (11 N. Ky L. Rev. 481)
- Edward A. Schrag, Jr., et.al., “Director and Officer Liability and Indemnification: The Ohio Approach,” University of Toledo Law Review, Fall 1988 (20 U. Tol. L. Rev. 1)
- Roger E. Lautzenhiser & Thomas B. Ridgley, “Fending Off Corporate Raiders,” Ohio Lawyer, May-June 1987
- Securities Alert: ISS Issues 2013 U.S. Corporate Governance Policy Updates
- Securities Alert: NYSE Amends Rule Filing To Correct Effective Dates of Compliance with New Compensation Committee and Compensation Adviser Independence Standards
- Securities Alert: NYSE, NASDAQ Propose Rules Regarding Compensation Committee and Adviser Independence
- Securities Alert: New SEC Rule and Disclosure Requirements Adopted Governing Compensation Committees
- Securities Alert: NYSE Eliminates Uninstructed Broker Voting on Certain Corporate Governance Issues
- Securities Alert: Summary of 2012 Updates to the ISS U.S. Corporate Governance Policy
- Securities Alert: Rule 14a-8 Amendments Permitting Shareholder Proxy Access Proposals are Now Effective