- Corporate and Business Organizations
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1989
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1984
Stanford Journal of International Law, Managing Editor, 1983-1984
- Cornell University, A.B., 1981, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Mr. Jaffe is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the tax group. He is the head of the firm’s Federal Tax subgroup. His tax practice includes mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships, LLCs, joint ventures, S corporations, real estate, restructurings, workouts, venture capital, business planning, executive compensation, financing and equity transactions, international transactions, and tax controversies. In addition to his tax practice, Mr. Jaffe also regularly represents clients in organizing and operating LLCs, partnerships, and other joint ventures. He has experience working in French, German, and Italian.
Career highlights include:
- Providing tax advice to over 1,000 clients (ranging from Fortune 50 corporations to closely held businesses and individuals)
- Structuring hundreds of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Structuring hundreds of partnerships, LLCs, and joint ventures
- Structuring dozens of like-kind exchanges (involving real estate, aircraft, artwork, and other personal property, including non-simultaneous, reverse, and build-to-suit exchanges)
Mr. Jaffe is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Columbus Bar Association. He is also licensed to practice in New York.
Mr. Jaffe has lectured on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions for the Columbus Tax Conference, the Business Tax Subcommittee of the Columbus Bar Association, and the Capital Tax Club.
Mr. Jaffe received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law and his J.D. from Stanford Law School where he was the managing editor of the Stanford Journal of International Law. Mr. Jaffe received his A.B. cum laude from Cornell University and was a College Scholar.
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Tax Law, 2001-2014
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 2006
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 7/22/2013Vorys recently advised Salt Run Capital, Inc. in connection with its sale of The Oxford Oil Company, LLC to Eclipse Resources I, LP.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.