Mr. Hodges is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office where his practice focuses on general corporate law, securities and banking. He counsels clients on corporate governance, business formation and entity selection, mergers and acquisitions and general business matters, with extensive experience in bank regulatory representation and securities law matters. Mr. Hodges has experience representing businesses ranging from start-ups to large publicly traded companies and he regularly advises clients on disclosure and reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 as well as regulatory compliance matters for both banks and savings and loans.
His notable experience includes:
- Representing both buyers and sellers in transactions ranging from $1 million to several hundred million dollars, including both public and private companies
- Serving as regulatory counsel to several banks and savings associations
- Advising several publicly traded companies on securities law compliance and reporting, including various corporate governance and activist shareholders matters and contested proxy solicitations
- Representing a private equity investor in various portfolio company investments
Mr. Hodges is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Mr. Hodges has spoken on various topics, most recently on negotiation strategies and tactics and competition issues.
Mr. Hodges received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Kentucky College of Law where he was an Associate Editor for the Kentucky Law Journal. He received his B.A. from Centre College.
Professional and Community Activities
- Urban Appalachian Council, Trustee, 2006-present and Treasurer, 2008-present
- Cincinnati Bar Association Corporate Counsel Committee, Secretary, 2005-present
- Maketewah Country Club, Director, 2009-present
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business/Corporate, 2009-2011
- 72 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2011 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 20 Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
- Hodges interviewed for Columbus Business First article "Boardroom, executive suite will wind up on legislative firing line"
- Vorys Elevates Eight Attorneys To Partner
- 22 Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
- The Best Defense is a Good Offense: How to Manage Litigation in the Workplace
- Preparing for the 2010 Proxy and Annual Report Season
- The Bankers' Statement - Spring 2013
- Client Alert: The New Ohio Financial Institutions Tax
- Client Alert: CFPB's Qualified Mortgage Rules
- Client Alert: The Federal Agency Mortgage Settlements
- Client Alert: BSA/AML Enforcement; Bankers Beware
- Client Alert: Professional Liability and the FDIC; The IndyMac Decision
- Securities Alert: ISS Issues 2013 U.S. Corporate Governance Policy Updates
- Securities Alert: NYSE Amends Rule Filing To Correct Effective Dates of Compliance with New Compensation Committee and Compensation Adviser Independence Standards
- Securities Alert: NYSE, NASDAQ Propose Rules Regarding Compensation Committee and Adviser Independence
- Securities Alert: New SEC Rule and Disclosure Requirements Adopted Governing Compensation Committees