- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Franchising and Distribution
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Litigation
- Business and Commercial
- Consumer Lending and Lender Liability
- Corporate Takeovers and Changes of Control
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Insurance and Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1997, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Boston College, B.A., 1993, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The Honorable James G. Carr, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1997-1998
Kim is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the trial group. She has a varied litigation practice and extensive trial experience, with a focus on commercial litigation. She has tried a broad range of commercial cases in state and federal courts, including trademark, domain name and copyright infringement, real estate transfers, wrongful death, and commercial contract cases. Recently, Kim has focused her practice on litigating antitrust, intellectual property, franchise and insurance coverage issues facing the firm's business clients.
Career highlights include:
- Representing 18 major retailers in antitrust litigation against Visa and MasterCard
Successfully defended a major chemical company in both federal and state court proceedings alleging misappropriation of confidential scientific information, obtaining dismissal of both cases after evidentiary hearing
Successfully represented the NCAA in multiple matters involving college athlete eligibility issues
Successfully defended nationwide paper products company in trademark infringement litigation at preliminary injunction hearing
Won preliminary injunction hearing, bench trial and attorneys' fees for major central Ohio developer in suit against property owner, including through two levels of appeals
Successfully limited jury award in vendor dispute for nationwide cleaning company
Kim has presented seminars on various litigation and trial advocacy topics, including the use of demonstrative evidence, deposition techniques and expert witnesses. She is an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, teaching trial advocacy, and she regularly serves as a mock judge in trial and appellate competitions in Ohio.
Kim is a member of the American Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation (2012-2016) and was recently recognized as one of the Top Lawyers in Columbus by Columbus CEO (2015).
Kim received her J.D. magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from Boston College.
Kim was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable James G. Carr, Chief Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio from 1997 to 1998.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Member, 2015-present
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Franklin County, Board Member, 2006-2012
- Grandview Youth Football Association, Board Member, 2011-2015
- Grandview Baseball and Softball Association, President, 2015-present; Board Member, 2012-present
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2012-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation-Labor and Employment, 2016-2017
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2015, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2005-2007
- 3/28/2017This year, 54 Vorys attorneys were listed in the 2017 Columbus CEO “Top Lawyers” List.
- 10/6/2016Vorys announced that Kim Herlihy, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office and a member of the litigation group, has been inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- 8/15/2016One-hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017.
- 8/17/2015One-hundred and eighteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016.
- 8/18/2014One-hundred and ten lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 12/7/2012Vorys partner Kimberly Weber Herlihy spoke at the Legal Aid Discovery Training presented by The Committee on Regional Training on December 5-7, 2012. The event was composed of exercises and workshops to help attendees advocate for their clients.