Mr. Henke is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office. His practice focused on general and international corporate law and business, with an emphasis on new business start-ups, economic development incentives, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. A majority of his practice was devoted to assisting Japanese companies in establishing and operating their U.S. affiliates and joint ventures with U.S. and other foreign partners. Mr. Henke also served as bond counsel and underwriters' counsel in state and local government tax-exempt bond financings.
Career highlights include:
- Assisting a large automotive manufacturing company acquire a transportation research facility comprising approximately 8,000 acres and various vehicle testing facilities
- Managing the multi-state site search and selection for a major automotive manufacturing company in 2006 in identifying and acquiring the site for its new automobile manufacturing facility
- Assisting over 50 clients in acquiring large sites for manufacturing facilities and providing ongoing advice and counsel to those clients in establishing and operating their businesses at those sites
- Participating in multiple trade missions to Japan and the Far East led by three different Governors of the State of Ohio
Mr. Henke is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mr. Henke frequently spoke on business and legal considerations in establishing and operating joint ventures. He has also presented multiple seminars on corporate governance for non-public companies, specifically those that are foreign-owned.
Mr. Henke received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. magna cum laude from Miami University where he was Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Kappa.
Professional and Community Activities
- Miami University, Endowment Campaign, Regional Campaign Committee and Student Affairs Division Campaign Committee, 2006-2008
- Gladden Community House, Board of Trustees, 2001-2007, Board Chair, 2006-2008
- Japan-America Society of Central Ohio, Board of Trustees, 1997-2007, Board Chair, 2002-2005
- Central Ohio Chapter of Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America, Board of Trustees, 1992-2000, Board Chair, 1995-1997
- Miami University Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 1976-1979
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate, 2004-2006
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2003-2013
- Fellow of the Columbus Bar Foundation since 1992
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- More than 100 Vorys Attorneys named on 2012 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Vorys Ranked #1 Law Firm in Ohio on 2011 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys ranked #1 law firm in Ohio on 2010 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys Attorneys Named on 2009 Best Lawyers in America List
- Vorys named the "2008 Leading Ohio Law Firm" by Best Lawyers