- Crisis Management
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2004, Order of the Coif
Cincinnati Law Review, Associate Member, 2002-2003
- Penn State University, B.S., 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
Whitney is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and is the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group. The group has worked on more than 250 internet related cases from across the country and develops unique solutions for businesses, celebrities, professionals and individuals that are being damaged or attacked online.
Whitney frequently litigates complex bet-the-company internet cases. These types of cases include online reputation attacks, competitor false review schemes, misleading online marketing, unauthorized online sales, public disclosure of private facts and online trademark abuse. Because of his success, several credible and well known online reputation management, public relations and cyber investigation companies around the world now frequently recommend the Vorys internet defamation group for difficult internet cases. In addition, according to Law360, the Vorys internet defamation group has “been on the leading edge” of addressing internet defamation.
Whitney has developed a wide variety of cost-effective tactics and strategies to identify anonymous attackers, remove damaging content from complaint and review websites, obtain successful results via litigation, and recover substantial sums of money through settlement or court order and collection. To learn more about the types of cases that Whitney and the Vorys internet defamation team have worked on, click here.
Whitney has authored several articles for trade and popular media including, PR News, Texas Lawyer , PR Daily, Law360, Social Media Explorer, HOTELS magazine and Columbus C.E.O. magazine. In addition, he is routinely interviewed by media, both print and broadcast, on internet crisis issues. Whitney has been quoted in Forbes, Corporate Counsel and The Cincinnati Enquirer articles. Whitney is also the editor of the Internet Defamation Removal Attorneys blog. The blog provides readers with helpful information regarding internet issues, including strategies for removing damaging content, new risks and new types of attacks individuals and businesses are facing online.
Whitney frequently teaches tactics and strategies for solving internet problems to other attorneys and executives around the world in presentations and webinars. He has presented seminars on various topics, including cyberbullying, removing internet defamation, social media and electronic discovery in complex litigation.
Whitney has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers every year since 2009.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2007 & 2009-2015
- 1/5/2015Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Cincinnati office and the leader of the internet defamation group, was a guest on The Crisis Intelligence Podcast.
- 12/3/2014Vorys is pleased to announce that 74 attorneys from the firm have been named 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 11/10/2014Gibson Quoted Extensively in Forbes.com Story Titled “When A Ripoff Report Strikes Your Business, Follow These Steps”Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was quoted in a Forbes.com story titled “When A Ripoff Report Strikes Your Business, Follow These Steps.”
- 8/28/2014Vorys Internet Defamation Practice Featured in Law360 Story Titled “The New Practice Groups Your Rivals Are Forming”The Vorys internet defamation group was featured in a Law360 article about law firms that are forming practice groups to provide clients with legal services for the new issues they are facing.
- 8/25/2014Vorys Attorneys Featured in Corporate Counsel Article Titled “Bad Online Reviews Can Be a Legal Matter”Whitney Gibson and Jordan Cohen, attorneys in the Vorys internet defamation group, were featured in a Corporate Counsel article about false online reviews posted by competitors.
- 8/11/2014Vorys released a Guidebook that provides insights for in-house counsel on internet defamation and online reputation matters. The Guidebook, which was authored by Whitney Gibson, leader of the Vorys internet defamation group, is based on the firm’s experience handling hundreds of internet defamation and reputation cases.
- 7/10/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, spoke with 700 WLW’s Mike McConnell about a lawsuit filed against ESPN and the MLB by a baseball fan.
- 6/18/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was quoted in a Law360 story about a recent ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
- 6/17/2014Vorys Partner Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier Story Titled “Cincinnati Attorney Explains What SCOTUS Facebook Case Could Mean for Local Businesses”Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice group, was the focus of a Cincinnati Business Courier story about the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to hear a case about whether threatening comments posted to Facebook constitute criminal activity.
- 6/17/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice group, was quoted in a Cincinnati Enquirer story titled “Ex Ben-Gal Sarah Jones Loses Defamation Suit.”
- 6/16/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was profiled in a LawCrossing story titled “Internet Defamation Attorney Whitney Gibson Discusses Law Professor Defamation Lawsuit.”
- 4/25/2014Whitney Gibson, the leader of the Vorys internet defamation group, appeared on LXBN TV to discuss a Virginia Supreme Court case on anonymous Yelp reviews.
- 4/9/2014Vorys is pleased to announce the launch of its sixth blog, the Internet Defamation Removal Attorneys blog. The blog will serve as a go-to source for information and resources related to stopping internet defamation and getting disparaging content removed from various websites. Since
- 3/17/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, spoke with 700 WLW about a presentation he gave to teens at Mason High School about social media, cyberbullying and creating a positive reputation online.
- 3/13/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was a guest on the Fox 19 Morning News. During the interview, Gibson told viewers that no one is ever really anonymous online or when using “anonymous” apps. He also provided tips that parents can use to keep their children out of trouble on the internet.
- 3/12/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office, was featured in a Local 12 news story on the positive ways that teens can use social media. The story was about a presentation on social media that Gibson and Vorys Attorney Angela Rapp presented to students at Mason High school.
- 3/4/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was featured in a FashionPlaytes story titled “36 Social Media Experts & Parents Share Tips On How To Keep Your Tween Safe On Social Media.”
- 1/16/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was a guest on the FOX19 Morning Show. He discussed prevalence of social media use by teenagers and the consequences inappropriate behavior online can have on a teen’s college and/or job applications.
- 12/9/2013Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was featured in a FOX19 (Cincinnati) news story on the prevalence of false reviews on the internet.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 11/25/2013Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was interviewed on the FOX19 Morning News about the prevalence of false online reviews.
- 11/20/2013Whitney Gibson, partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was one of the featured presenters at Social Media Mania.
- 10/30/2013Gibson Featured in Forbes.com Story Titled “Online Reputation: New Methods Emerge For Quashing Fake, Defamatory Reviews”Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was quoted was in a Forbes.com story about the increase of false online reviews.
- 9/27/2013Gibson Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier Story Titled “Tempted to Give a Fake Online Review? This Attorney Says Don't Do It”Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was featured in a Cincinnati Business Courier story about false online reviews.
- 9/18/2013Gibson, Vorys Internet Defamation Practice Profiled in Lead Cincinnati Story Titled “Revealing the Face of the Attacker”Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice, was profiled in the Fall 2013 edition of Lead Cincinnati. The story titled “Revealing the Face of the Attacker,” highlighted Gibson’s work on internet issues, including internet defamation and internet crisis situations.
- 8/26/2013Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, was featured in the August 25, 2013 edition of the Cincinnati Enquirer. The article, which was titled “Is this product review true? Q&A: False negatives are damaging, illegal,” featured several questions related to false online reviews and Gibson’s responses to those questions.
- 5/9/2013Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office, was interviewed for a FOX19 Cincinnati story on the increasing number of lawsuits being filed over false online reviews.
- 1/2/2013Vorys announced that Matthew E. Albers, Tiffany Bingham Briscoe, Daniel J. Clark, Whitney C. Gibson, Robert J. Krummen, Christina M. Lyons, Joseph B. Mann, Timothy B. McGranor, Adam L. Miller, Ariel A. Mullin, William H. Oldach, III, Nicholas M.J. Ray, and Michael J. Settineri have been named partners of the firm.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 11/1/2012Whitney Gibson, an attorney in the firm’s Cincinnati office, was quoted in a Columbus C.E.O. story regarding the online business risks that executives should be prepared for.
- 10/22/2012Whitney Gibson, an attorney in the firm’s Cincinnati office, was featured guest on The Crisis Show. On the show, Gibson discussed the firm’s internet defamation practice.
- 8/17/2012Whitney Gibson, an attorney in the firm’s Cincinnati office, was quoted throughout a Cincinnati Business Courier story titled “Don't like what's posted about you online? There might be relief.”
- 7/12/2012Helping companies stop internet defamation, false reviews, cyber attacks and other internet-related issues that are increasingly causing damage to businesses’ reputations is the goal of a new practice launched by Vorys.
- 1/22/2015Internet Defamation and the Credit and Collection Industry: How to Remove Defamation, Negative Reviews and Other Damaging Content from the Internet.Vorys partner Whitney Gibson was a presenter at the Credit & Collection Education Forum on January 22, 2015.
- 1/21/2015Vorys partner Whitney Gibson presented a webinar titled How to Remove Defamation, Negative Reviews, and Other Damaging Content from the Internet, hosted by Clear Law Institute on January 21, 2015.
- 10/28/2014Vorys partner Whitney Gibson presented a webinar titled How to Remove Defamation and Other Damaging Content from the Internet on October 28, 2014.
- 9/30/2014Vorys partner Whitney Gibson presented a webinar titled Online Reputation Attacks Against Companies: Response Strategies for In-House Counsel on September 30, 2014.
- 8/27/2014Vorys partner Whitney Gibson presented a webinar hosted by Lorman Education on August 27, 2014. His webinar was titled How to Come out On Top When Dealing With Negative Reviews.
- 4/24/2014Vorys partner Whitney Gibson presented "Strategies for Responding to Online Reputation Attacks" to the Central Ohio Chapter - Association of Corporate Counsel on April 24, 2014.
- 11/19/2013Whitney Gibson, partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and leader of the firm’s internet crises group, was one of the featured presenters at Social Media Mania. The presentation, which debuted at Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills, California, teaches teens what they should and should not do on the internet.
- 1/9/2015With 70 million-plus members, TripAdvisor has developed a reputation as a well-trusted source for information and trip planning options for hotels, restaurants, and various attractions. Of course, like any website, TripAdvisor is not free of false or otherwise fraudulent reviews.
- 12/24/2014Victims of false and defamatory reviews on Ripoff Report should be aware that many of these reviews are popping up elsewhere online. More specifically, it appears that other lesser-established websites are copying the text from recent Ripoff Report posts and publishing them verbatim on their own sites.
- 12/22/2014Whitney Gibson, the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, and Jordan Cohen, an associate in the internet defamation group, co-authored an article for Travel Law Quarterly titled “New York Hotel’s Policy Against Negative Online Reviews Backfires.”
- 12/16/2014In several previous blog posts, we have mentioned obtaining court orders with the aim of getting links to harmful content, such as Ripoff Report posts, de-indexed from search engines. What we have not written about, to date, is how to use a court order to get links removed from Google.
- 12/12/2014People today love sharing photographs of themselves and their whereabouts. And today’s technology makes it so easy. While there are numerous websites and apps that make this possible, among the most popular are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This trio ranks second, eighth, and twenty-fourth, respectively on Alexa.com’s rankings of top websites in the United States.
- 12/9/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, and Mary Henkel, of counsel in the Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group, authored an article for Social Media Explorer called “Can Haters Post Death Threats on Facebook?”
- 12/4/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, and Mary Henkel, of counsel in the Cincinnati office, authored an article for PR Daily called “What PR Pros Should Know About the Supreme Court's Facebook Case.”
- 11/19/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the internet defamation group, authored an article titled “How Organizations Should Handle False, Defamatory Reddit Posts” for PR Daily.
- 11/19/2014Even the best businesses cannot always keep every customer, employee, business partner, or other party happy at all times. Unfortunately, in this day and age, many of these disgruntled parties will choose to take their complaints public by posting disparaging information or content about a company online, which can cause significant damage.
- 11/7/2014Businesses will be best equipped to handle online reputation attacks if they take steps upfront to protect their reputations; take preventative measures to try to thwart or limit attacks; and plan out how to address attacks if (or when) they really do occur.
- 10/27/2014Countless businesses and business owners have fallen victim to false and defamatory posts on Ripoff Report. While www.RipoffReport.com states that the website requires truthful reports, the website also “does not guarantee” the accuracy or authenticity of the content submitted by its registered users.
- 10/15/2014Today, a business’s online reputation is a large component of how it is perceived by customers and potential customers. Businesses must be aware of what customers are saying about them online and via social media.
- 10/3/2014If given the opportunity, anyone that has been defamed on Reddit would surely “downvote” the popular website for its policy on defamation removal. According to Reddit, it is uncommon for administrators of the website – self-branded as “a source for what’s new and popular on the web” – to remove defamatory content.
- 10/1/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, and Paul Kerlin, an associate in the Houston office, authored an article for Texas Lawyer titled “SCOTX Internet Defamation Ruling Helps Mitigate Damages.”
- 9/29/2014Subpoenas, Forensic Exams and Cyber Investigation: How to Identify Anonymous or Unknown Internet PostersIt is no secret that people are more comfortable publishing harmful statements on the internet when their identities are masked. As such, the sources of internet defamation and other online reputation attacks typically publish damaging content anonymously or pseudonymously.
- 9/23/2014Cease and desist letter an effective response technique for false online reviews when strong legal grounds existBusinesses and individuals have increasingly become victims of false online reviews. When a party has been the subject of such damaging internet posts, there are a variety of techniques an attorney or other hired professional (e.g. PR or ORM expert) can utilize to assist his or her client.
- 9/19/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, authored an article for Social Media Explorer about “Twitter parties.”
- 8/26/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, authored an article for Social Media Explorer titled “How to Respond to Online Brand and Reputation Attacks.”
- 8/20/2014Today, anyone who wants to cause damage to a business can easily do so simply by going online and harming them in one of many different ways. Online attacks on businesses and their professionals may originate from a number of parties, including business competitors.
- 8/18/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, authored an article for PR Daily titled “What Marketers Should Know About the FTC's Pinterest Contest Rules.”
- 8/6/2014Whitney Gibson and Jordan Cohen, attorneys in the firm’s internet defamation group, authored a column entitled “How A Hotel's Anti-Negative Review Policy Backfired,” which appeared in the August 6, 2014 edition of Hospitality Law360.
- 8/6/2014It is well-documented on our blog that Ripoff Report has a strict policy against the removal of any content: not if the author of a post has expressed a willingness to retract his or her statements; and not even if presented with a court order indicating a particular post contains false and defamatory content.
- 7/10/2014Attorneys from the Vorys internet defamation group authored a Subpoena Guide to help attorneys navigate the complex process of issuing such subpoenas to websites and internet service providers in order to identify anonymous online attackers.
- 7/7/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice, authored an article for HOTELS Magazine titled “How to Protect Against False Online Reviews.” In the article, Gibson outlines the importance of having a positive online reputation in the hotel industry.
- 6/26/2014The Federal Trade Commission mandates that material connections between endorsers and advertisers be disclosed. Yet there are countless misleading review websites out there, masking payments received in exchange for positive publicity.
- 6/25/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, authored an article for Social Media Explorer titled “Celebrity Spokespersons and the Federal Trade Commission.”
- 6/12/2014Company reputations today are largely dictated by what is posted on the internet, both about the companies themselves and their executives. Gone are the days where reputation is based on building up and maintaining goodwill with consumers over time.
- 6/3/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, and Paul Kerlin, an associate in the Vorys Houston office, authored an article for Texas Lawyer titled “Five Things to Consider Before Filing an Internet Defamation Claim.”
- 6/3/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice, authored an article for eSchool News about social media usage and teens.
- 5/23/2014Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice, authored an article titled “Should you pay bloggers for product reviews?” for PR Daily.
- 5/22/2014Whitney Gibson and Jordan Cohen, attorneys in the Vorys Cincinnati office and members of the internet defamation group, authored an article for Hospitality Law360 titled "Hotels Must Be Proactive About Improving Online Reviews."
- 4/25/2014Whitney Gibson, the head of the Vorys internet defamation practice, authored an article for Columbus C.E.O. magazine on the importance of online reputations in the digital age.
- 4/2014Many companies and businesses want to control the distribution of their products and do not want their products sold by third parties on the internet, especially below retail prices. Vorys Partner Whitney Gibson authored a white paper to help companies learn about strategies they can use to reduce unauthorized sales and ensure safe product distribution.
- 4/21/2014Physicians are vulnerable to reputation attacks for a number of reasons, and false reviews are especially challenging to physicians because of HIPAA restrictions. Unlike, say, a restaurant owner hoping to practice damage control and remedy a customer’s bad experience, a physician obviously cannot register a Yelp account and respond to an angry patient.
- 4/16/2014When the New York attorney general’s office cracked down on 19 companies in September for false reviews, it sent a loud and clear message to many businesses. For others, the combined $350,000 in fines may have simply been a wakeup call to get more creative with their deceptive online advertising practices.
- 4/14/2014It is not uncommon for people to create fake social media profiles of celebrities and other public figures. Unfortunately, some people also imitate non-public figures, often for harassment purposes. This is especially problematic on Facebook, which refers to these accounts as “impostor Timelines.”
- 3/21/2014Thanks to mobile apps such as Secret and Whisper, people can now divulge their deep secrets anonymously, with fewer consequences – the key here being fewer, as there is no absolute guarantee of anonymity.
- 3/20/2014As investigators work to recover the data related to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, we are reminded that the deletion of data discovered through forensic analysis is something that has played a significant role in many of our cases.
- 3/14/2014Combating the Sale of Counterfeit Goods Online: Don’t Let Someone Get Away with Selling Knockoffs of Your ProductsTrademark counterfeiting, in general, refers to the placement of a trademark on a product that is not the legitimate product offered by the trademark owner. Meanwhile, the Lanham Act – the U.S. federal trademark statute – defines a counterfeit as “a spurious mark that is identical with, or substantially indistinguishable from a registered mark.”
- 3/10/2014For several years now, news outlets have grappled with how to civilize the comments sections on their online articles. Some have chosen the path of requiring users to sign in through their Facebook accounts, while many still permit readers to comment anonymously on their websites.
- 3/6/2014Internet Defamation Removal and the Known Defamer: How Knowing the Identity of a Defamer Changes the Court Order TechniqueDefamatory content posted online can significantly harm the reputation of a business or individual, especially when it is listed among top search engine results.
- 3/3/2014The problem for the individuals upset with TheDirty.com (that want to sue the owner) is that ythe owner is not the speaker of these controversial statements. Rather, other people (members of the so-called “Dirty Army”) submit the content to him directly through his website or via email.
- 2/28/2014All too often, dishonest companies damage their competitors’ reputations online by making a series of false statements on review-based websites. Competitors regularly seek refuge on websites such as Ripoff Report, Pissed Consumer and Yelp, which are structured such that users can anonymously post false reviews.
- 2/26/2014Since launching the internet defamation group, we have encountered several misconceptions about the removal of information from the internet. If you or your company has been disparaged online, realize you are not helpless and have several options on how to deal with your potential internet crisis.
- 2/24/2014Based on the negative impact on its business, a company may initially believe certain statements or information posted about it online are defamatory. Although the content may be very damaging, it might not be defamatory at all.
- 2/21/2014Pissed Consumer, as the name suggests, has become a destination for disgruntled consumers to share their unpleasant experiences with various products or services. In fact, the website reports having more than a quarter million reviews about 40,000-plus companies spanning 120 industries.
- 2/20/2014Companies often instruct individual employees to register domain names for the construction of a website on the companies’ behalf. In these instances, the employee will enter his or her own name as the domain registrant, thereby giving the employee administrative control over the domain.
- 2/17/2014Craigslist has become an invaluable resource for people in the U.S. and across the world to advertise services, sell products and even meet like-minded people. Although a large majority of Craigslist users utilize the classified ads website for legitimate transactions or interactions, some use it to advance their own interests by exploiting others and interfering with legitimate business relationships.
- 2/12/2014Whether it is on Facebook, Instagram, or another popular website, many people today love sharing photographs about themselves and their whereabouts. But legal issues often arise when a person uploads or posts photos (or videos) of someone else – especially when they involve nudity or are otherwise sexual in nature.
- 2/10/2014On the popular business review website Yelp, it is no secret that many individuals post fake reviews and sometimes defamatory content. Under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, Yelp cannot be held liable for false or defamatory statements made by its users.
- 2/6/2014A positive about Yelp is that content can be removed and, thus, the impact it may have on businesses can be mitigated. This alert outlines the options available to businesses.
- 2/5/2014Wikipedia is home to more than 30 million articles and has nearly 80,000 active contributors, according to the website. These figures are a product of its “openly editable model,” where virtually anyone with internet access can add or edit content on the website. The online encyclopedia’s strength relies in its founders giving their power to the people, but in doing so they opened the door to abuse.
- 1/31/2014Everyone has heard the saying “the customer is always right.” Taken a bit out of context, this seems to ring true on consumer complaint website Ripoff Report – even when one of its users is completely in the wrong, by posting false and defamatory information about a business.
- 10/3/2013Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and leader of the firm’s internet defamation group, authored column for the Eastern Hills Journal. The column outlined the impact that false reviews can have on a company’s reputation. Gibson also outlines the steps consumers can take to identify fake reviews and prevent faulty purchasing decisions.
- 7/29/2013Whitney Gibson, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office, and Christopher Anderson, Ph.D., co-founder of Cyber Investigation Services, LLC, co-authored an article for the Bloomberg BNA: Social Media Law & Policy Report about techniques that companies can use to remove misinformation and defamation from the internet.
- 5/20/2013Whitney C. Gibson, a partner in the Cincinnati office, published this article regarding internet defamation in the Spring 2013 issue of The Bankers' Statement.
- 10/1/2012Whitney Gibson, an attorney in the Vorys Cincinnati office, and Christopher Anderson, Ph.D., co-founder of Cyber Investigation Services, LLC, authored a column for PR News with tips to help public relations professionals identify an individual who is seeking to hurt a business online.
- 3/20/2012Glenn Whitaker and Whitney Gibson, attorneys in the firm’s Cincinnati office, co-authored a column titled “A Guide To Preventing False Claims Act Litigation” for Law360.