Mr. Gibson is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the labor and employment group. His practice focuses on employment litigation under both state and federal statutes. Mr. Gibson has additional experience in the areas of federal and state government wage-and-hour laws, including the Service Contract Act, the Davis Bacon Act and Ohio’s prevailing wage laws.
Career highlights include:
- Regularly counseling employers on their employment practices, including employment policies, discipline and termination, employment contracts, wage-and-hour issues, medical leaves and other benefits
- Successfully arguing before the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation on several occasions
- Representing employers in administrative proceedings at the local and national levels
- Presenting on retaliation causes of action under both state and federal laws
Mr. Gibson has lectured on employment law matters several times, including twice in 2012 at the National Business Institute's "Human Resources Law Forum" and also at the "Best Practices in Ohio Workers' Compensation Client Briefing."
Mr. Gibson received his J.D. from the Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law. He received his B.S. from Clemson University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative, mentor