Mr. Cook is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate group. His practice focuses on the representation of businesses and individuals in all areas of immigration and naturalization law. Mr. Cook is fluent in Japanese.
Mr. Cook is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Columbus Bar Association. He serves as Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association USCIS Texas Service Center Liaison Committee. He also serves as a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association USCIS Service Center Operations (“SCOPS”) Liaison Committee. He served previously as a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association USCIS Texas Service Center Liaison Committee (2009 – 2012) and as a member of the Nebraska Service Center Liaison Committee (2008-09).
Mr. Cook frequently presents seminars dealing with employment-related visa and immigration matters and employment-related immigration compliance.
Mr. Cook received his J.D. from the University of Washington School of Law and his B.A. from Brigham Young University.
Mr. Cook served as senior assistant counsel at Honda of America Mfg. Inc. from 1990 to 1995.
Mr. Cook is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Columbus Council on World Affairs and serves as president of the Rotary Club of Hilliard.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Immigration, 2004
- The Best Lawyers in America, Immigration Law, 2013
- Vorys Advises Worthington Industries In Acquisition of Business of Palmer Mfg. &Tank, Inc.
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Cook Quoted in The Daily Reporter Article "Central Ohio Attorneys to Participate in Upcoming Immigration Law Seminar"
- Vorys attorneys featured in Business First article "Movie Biz Features Entertaining Contract Law that Breaks Up Routine"
- Immigration Alert: CBP Begins Rollout of Automated Form I-94
- Immigration Alert: Employers Must Use New Form I-9 on May 7, 2013
- Immigration Alert: Automation of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
- Immigration Alert: USCIS Reaches FY 2014 H-1B Cap
- Immigration Alert: Update on April 1 H-1B Filings
- Immigration Alert: USCIS Releases Revised Form I-9
- Immigration Alert: Time to Prepare for April 1 H-1B Filings
- Immigration Alert: Department of Homeland Security Announces Deferred Action Process for Certain Young People
- Immigration Alert: New Visa Processing Fees
- Immigration Alert: H-1B Visa Cap Update