Mr. Connelly is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office where he practices in the areas of federal, state and local economic development incentives. He represents both public sector and private sector clients and regularly interacts with local legislative authorities, boards of education, the Ohio Department of Development and the state Tax Credit Authority. He has experience with enterprise zone and community reinvestment area property tax incentives, job creation tax credits, oil and gas tax, New Markets Tax Credits, tax increment financing and joint economic development districts and zones. He also represents clients on real property tax valuation disputes and appeals.
Mr. Connelly is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association.
Since 2008, Mr. Connelly has been an annual speaker at the Ohio Tax Conference on the topic of economic development incentives. He also has been a guest lecturer on the subject of economic development incentives for the County Commissioners Association of Ohio and the Tax Executives Institute.
Mr. Connelly received his J.D. summa cum laude from the University of Dayton School of Law where he served as staff writer on the University of Dayton Law Review from 2003 to 2004 and managing editor in 2004. He received his B.S. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Mr. Connelly is also a certified public accountant.
- 22nd Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- 21st Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- 20th Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- 2010 Ohio Municipal League Annual Conference
- 19th Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- 18th Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- “Revenue-Sharing Trend Growing Among Local Communities in Ohio,” Business First, November 3, 2006
- Ohio Tax Reform: Focus on Sales and Use Tax, Oil and Gas Businesses
- Client Alert: Oil and Gas Tax Provisions Contained in the "As Introduced" Version of House Bill 59
- 2012 Ohio Valuation Complaints Can Now be Filed;
Contact Us for Your Complimentary Review
- BTA Reform Advocated by Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Board of Tax Appeals Decisions
- Ohio Supreme Court and Legislative Update
- The Evaluator - Winter 2013
- Ohio Statehouse Update: Top Ten Tax Topics to Watch for in 2013
- Client Alert: New Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program