- Health Care
Labor and Employment
- Employer Internal Investigations
- Employment Litigation
Employment Relations, Policies, and Regulatory Practice
- Covenants Not to Compete and Trade Secrets
- Drug and Alcohol Policies and Testing
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Policies and Manuals
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Management Training
- Wage and Hour/Fair Labor Standards Act
- Whistleblower Protection
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act ("WARN")
- Workplace Harassment, Including Sexual Harassment
- Labor/Management Relations
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1996, summa cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.S.B.A., 1993, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for Colorado
- U.S. Supreme Court
Dave is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office where he practices in the areas of employment litigation, labor and employee benefits law. He represents clients in federal courts across the country, in state courts, and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). His experience includes negotiation of and compliance with collective bargaining agreements, defense of ERISA claims, enforcement of non-compete agreements, defense of class actions, and advising clients on employment issues, multi-employer benefit plans and issues relating to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Career highlights include:
- Negotiation of a variety of collective bargaining agreements on behalf of public school districts, private universities, manufacturers, and various other organizations
- Defending class action lawsuits in federal and state courts
- Extensive trial experience in state and federal courts, including five jury trials in 2008 and 2009
Dave is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Cleveland Bar Association. In addition, Dave has published several employment-related articles including a chapter in a book entitled "The Impact of 2008 Supreme Court Employment Law Cases."
Dave has presented at seminars throughout the country on a variety of topics. The seminar forums include nationwide teleconferences, industry-wide conferences, and presentations before the Ohio State Bar Association. David also serves as an adjunct professor at Wittenberg University.
Dave received his J.D. summa cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law and his B.S.B.A. cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Bay Village Soccer Club, Board of Directors, 2004-present
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Employment and Labor, 2007 & 2009
- Inside Business, Northeastern Ohio's Leading Lawyers, 2008-2010
- 2/11/2013David Campbell, a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the firm’s labor and employment group, was quoted in a Crain’s Cleveland Business story about a northeast Ohio employer that has sued some of its employees and their union “over claims the employees are refusing to work overtime because they oppose a relocation.”
- 4/11/2013Vorys partner Dave Campbell and of counsel Rosemary Welsh spoke at the 2013 Ohio Safety Congress & Expo that took place April 9-11, 2013.
- 9/13/2012Vorys partner David Campbell presented at the 78th Annual Wholesale Beer & Wine Association of Ohio Convention on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
- 5/17/2012Vorys partners David Campbell and Barton Bixenstine presented at the Hot Topics in Employment Law seminar on May 17, presented by the Association of Corporate Counsel, Northeast Ohio Chapter and Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP.
- 5/19/2017The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) recently found a regional fast-food chain’s uniform policy, which prohibited employees from wearing any type of buttons, pins or stickers not provided by the restaurant, to be in violation of NLRA Section 8(a)(1).
- 2/2/2017Labor and Employment Alert: Ninth Circuit Prohibits Liability Waivers in Fair Credit Reporting Act DisclosuresIn a case of first impression, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals recently determined whether an employer may satisfy the Fair Credit Reporting Act's (FCRA) disclosure requirements by providing a job applicant with a disclosure for consumer report that also served as a liability waiver for the employer.
- 12/15/2016More than 100 cities and counties have adopted “ban the box” or “fair chance” laws prohibiting or restricting employers from asking about an applicant’s criminal history without first considering the applicant’s job qualifications.
- 8/2/2016Labor and Employment Alert: Workers’ Compensation Retaliation Does Not Require a Workplace Injury Under Ohio LawOhio Workers’ Compensation law prohibits employers from retaliating against employees who seek workers’ compensation benefits.