Ms. Brown is the litigation technology executive manager at Vorys. She has worked in legal technology for more than 20 years. She has a paralegal degree and has worked in law firms and in-house litigation departments. Her experience includes managing large scale e-discovery and document productions, records management, litigation technology training and development of numerous litigation technology databases. She manages Vorys' litigation technology department, which provides in-house support, training, processing and production of e-discovery. She also serves on the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) advisory committee, leads various EDRM Projects and is a member of Sedona.
Ms. Brown is active in coordinating litigation technology education opportunities for the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) and serves on the ILTA Litigation Support Steering Committee. In 2011 Ms. Brown received ILTA’s Distinguished Peer Award for Litigation and Practice Support. She is a certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS) and is certified in ViewPoint, Summation, Sanction, Law 5.0, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Lean Six Sigma.
Ms. Brown is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Professional and Community Activities
- EDRM Advisory Committee, 2009-present
- EDRM Collection Standards Project Leader, 2013-2014
- Kroll OnTrack Advisory Board, 2013
- Xerox Advisory Board, 2013
- ILTA Conference Committee Liason, 2009-2012
- EDRM Metrics Projects Leader, 2010-2012
- EDRM Evergreen Project Leader, 2007-2010
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Litigation and Practice Support Steering Committee, 2009-present
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Litigation Support City Representative, Columbus, Ohio, 2007-2013
- Working group member of the Sedona Conference, 2008-present
- Presented at University of Florida 2013 E-Discovery Conference. April 2013
- Presented at ACEDS 2013 Conference on E-Discovery Project Management and Ethics. August 2013.
- Presented at ACC Ohio Chapter meeting on Technology Assisted Review. August 2013.
- Presented at DSI CLE on The Expanding Role of Search in E-Discovery in Cincinnati, Ohio. September 2012
- Presented at Kroll Ontrack Advanced E-Discovery Certification Course in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. June 2012
- Presented at Columbus Bar Association Corporate E-Discovery Seminar in Columbus, Ohio. June 2012
- Presented at Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists in Hollywood, Florida. April 2012
- Presented at IQPC’s 4th eDiscovery for Pharma, Biotech & Medical Device Industries on Metrics in Philadelphia. October 2011
- Presented at Columbus Bar Association E-Discovery Seminar on Emerging Search and Review Technologies in Columbus, Ohio. September 2011
- Presented at International Legal Technology Association's (ILTA) Statewide meeting on Metrics in Columbus, Ohio. September 2011
- Presented at International Legal Technology Association's (ILTA) National conference on Litigation and Practice Support Professional Development in Nashville. August 2011
- Presented at the ABA TechShow 2011 on Project Management and Budgeting Skills for E-Discovery in Chicago. April 2011.
- Presented at Thompson's EDRR conference on ESI Budgeting and Project Management in Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco. September, November and December 2010
- Presented at International Legal Technology Association's (ILTA) National conference on litigation technology roles and responsibilities in Las Vegas. August 2010
- Presented at "Litigation Support International Leadership Conference" on e-discovery in Washington, D.C. May 2009
- Presented at "Litigation Support International Leadership Conference" on e-discovery in Washington, D.C. May 2008
- Presented at Thompson "E-Discovery A-Z" seminar on e-discovery in Cleveland. June 2007
- 4/13/2012Vorys announced that Julie Brown, the firm’s litigation technology executive manager, and the firm's e-discovery project managers, Julie Carmona and Pamela Hutchins, were among the first group of e-discovery professionals to pass the Certified E-Discovery Specialists certification examination.
- 4/4/2013Vorys litigation technology manager, Julie Brown, presented at the Electronic Discovery for the Small and Medium Case Conference on April 4-5, 2013.
- 11/8/2012Vorys Litigation Technology Executive Manager, Julie Brown and Chief Information Officer, Brian Donato, spoke at the International Legal Technology Association 4th Ohio Litigation Support Statewide Meeting on November 8, 2012.
- 6/19/2012Vorys partner Doug Matthews and Litigation Technology Manager, Julie Brown, presented at the Columbus Bar Association’s Corporate e-Discovery seminar on June 19.
- 6/1/2012This program addressed critical issues in the e-discovery process where decisions can greatly impact the costs or outcome of the case.
- 4/26/2012On April 26, Vorys and the Central Ohio Association of Corporate Counsel hosted the program, Privilege. Privacy. Preservation. Managing Risks with Electronic Communications.