- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Corporate and Business Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- Franchising and Distribution
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D.,1984, Order of the Coif
The University of Cincinnati Law Review, Research Editor, 1983-1984
- DePauw University, B.A., 1981, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Mr. Bedree is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office where he is a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His general business practice has an emphasis in finance, and he has represented many national and regional asset-based and structured finance lenders. His practice also includes franchising, acquisitions, sales of companies, multi-borrower, multi-jurisdiction (cross-border) transactions, acquisition financing, asset sales out of bankruptcy, multi-lender (club) deals, capital expenditure financing, negotiating subordinated debt and preferred stock arrangements with institutional providers of mezzanine capital, equipment leasing, workouts and restructurings.
Mr. Bedree is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Mr. Bedree received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and was the Research Editor of The Cincinnati Law Review. Mr. Bedree received his B.A. magna cum laude from DePauw University.
In between his tenure at Vorys, Mr. Bedree spent two years as in-house general counsel to a multi-state franchisor in the restaurant industry.
Professional and Community Activities
- A Kid Again (formerly Adventures for Wish Kids), Cincinnati Advisory Board Member, 2003-2011
- Annunciation Church, Finance Council, 1995-2005, 2007-2009; Parish Council, 2007-2009; St. Vincent De Paul Society 2009-present
- The New School, Treasurer, President, and Trustee, 1995-2003
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2003-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Franchise Law, 2006-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Financial Institutions and Transactions Law, 2005-2007
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Banking, 2004-2013
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance, 2003-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 8/18/2014One-hundred and ten lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- 5/23/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 5/24/2013Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA. Chambers USA conducts in-depth research and ranks the leading firms and attorneys in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 6/7/2012Vorys announced that 35 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA.