Mr. Ball is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a was member of the commercial and real estate practice group. He has extensive experience counseling clients involved in secured lending and related workout arrangements, with emphasis in personal property/asset base lending activities, as well as real estate secured lending transactions. Mr. Ball also has substantial transactional and litigation experience with federal and state consumer laws, including Ohio's Retail Installment Sales Act, Consumer Sales Practices Act, the federal Truth in Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Act, and the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
Career Highlights Include:
- Being one of two lawyers primarily responsible for all legal work associated with the development, implementation and documentation of a large urban commercial development project
- Being one of two lawyers primarily responsible for negotiation and documentation of a large bank's acquisition of a competitor bank's lines of business which currently constitute Red Capital Markets
- Being responsible for negotiating and documenting a large construction project for a major manufacturer
Mr. Ball is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mr. Ball received his J.D. from The University of Chicago Law School and his B.A. from Miami University where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Eta Sigma.
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2012
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Banking, 2004
- The Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate Law, 2007-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2006-2008
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- More than 100 Vorys Attorneys named on 2012 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Vorys Ranked #1 Law Firm in Ohio on 2011 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys ranked #1 law firm in Ohio on 2010 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys Attorneys Named on 2009 Best Lawyers in America List
- Vorys named the "2008 Leading Ohio Law Firm" by Best Lawyers
- "Ohio Usury Laws and the Real Estate Mortgage Lending Market - A Savings Association Viewpoint," Akron Law Review, 1979 (12 Akron L. Rev. 671)