Our firm was founded on March 1, 1909 in downtown Columbus. In 1912, the firm moved into its own building located at 52 East Gay Street in Columbus, Ohio, one block from the Ohio Statehouse. The firm remains at this address over 100 years later. However, as the firm has grown from the four founders to more than 200 lawyers in Columbus alone, we have expanded into five additional buildings along Gay Street. Our Columbus lawyers practice in a broad array of areas, including litigation, corporate law, commercial and real estate, labor and employment, health care, federal, state, and local tax law, intellectual property, bankruptcy, and environmental and energy law.
Our Columbus lawyers are extremely active in the Columbus Bar Association, where a number of Vorys partners have served as President over the years, and participate in virtually every community and charitable organization in the Columbus area, including the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the YWCA, Operation Feed, Nationwide Children's Hospital, Habitat for Humanity, and Christmas in April.